Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Softerella: Fantasy 4/19/2014

Fantasy 4/19/2014

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

First, let me just say how much I love this ship! This was my second cruise adventure aboard the fantasy and I just booked another fir December the 17!

Day one: embarkation day us never fun. Carnival states you can start larking at 12:30 and that's not true. Signs at the port say 11am. However, this time the ship was in Kate and we were told to come back after dropping luggage off at 12:00. My fb group member posted they were allowed to lark in line ten mins after I pulled out. Go figure! I drove back around and proceeded to wait in line for an hour and a half before finally arriving at the terminal. Jumped out the car, ran to the little bus, made my way to checkin which was painless and quick about 20 minutes before I was boarding the boat. If you park at terminal it's like 11.00 per day. Park and ride service is around 7.00 theta an offsite facility. If your handicap parking is free.

After boarding the ship I made my way straight to the lido deck got a frosty drink More and had some scrumptious food. After that the sail away party on deck started. I then went to the room turned on tv of lido deck party lol and unpacked and got dressed for the evening and unpacked. I have to say the century 21 bar is where you make friends, drink, and dance like you don't care! Loved it

Day 2: Wake up, go for breakfast on the lido deck for an omelet and off to the pool. Lounged out there then dressed fir dinner and pictures. Great day! We ate in the mason dining room every night because we love yo watch the waiters nightly dance performance between 7 and 8pm! Each night I was by the bar century 21 as it's right beside casino lol. I spent my 1000 points and received my free drink card. I'd play get a drink and mosey out yo the nightclub, karaoke, or bar. I'd go back to casino, not playing, get a drink and wander again! The waiters are the best ever and oh so friendly! They make the best frozen drinks around and you can get drinks nit listed on the menu like a mudslide. My favorite is kiss on the lions it tastes like an edys peach frozen fruit bar love it!

Day 3: Rinse and repeat. Lol comedy shows after 9pm are adult only that's what I preferred and they were amazing. I don't remember what day was elegant evening but I loved the lobster tails. That's always fun. You can have as many as you want! One man had ten plates hahaha! I only had two but wished I could handle more. Grand Turk was amazing went straight out to margaritaville which is straight off port and went to bar and the free wifi which works way better upstairs. There is also a flow rider simulator surf board area beside the pool you can try out lol

Day 4: half moon cay the private island owned by carnival was absolutely breathtaking! Wrecked ship that us the bar, the feed you hamburgers and jerk chicken, cookies, and fresh fruit. Carnival waiters are running up and down the beach!

Day 5: sea day rinse and repeat elegant evening and don't forget the cabins have shampoo and body wash dispensers but only suites have hair dryers! I was lucky enough to have steward who found me one lol

Day 6: has bro game is very fun and gives out nice prizes for the children. Nassau, I met a friend from ship I made a crew member that I've known for a few years and spent the day shopping on Bay Street, swimming at cable beach by the Melia hotel took a jitney bus for 1.25. Caught the bus back and ate duck at a local Chinese restaurant that offered free wifi!

Getting off the ship takes forever! Only negative. The staff are super nice, friendly, and is always feel like a special guest. Love this ship! Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy E108

Small and cozy. Two twin beds three closets no ice bucket unless requested. Door handle broke on closet. Lots of hot water comfy beds