Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cheermomma: Mother-Daughter Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Mother-Daughter Cruise

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore

I sailed from Baltimore thinking I would save time and money. The porters were too busy taking the disembarking people away that we did not have anyone to take our luggage. After schlepping our suitcases onboard ourselves, we were informed by other passengers the last leg of our cruise to Freeport was cancelled due to electrical system problems. Carnival refunded our trip there, but only offered a $50 credit and the privilege of staying at sea another day.

Thinking back, it takes awhile to reach the islands from Baltimore, we were at sea 6 of the 8 days and only at each port briefly. The Pride is a really old ship, and we were told it is going to be remodeled this fall.

The employees went out of their way to make us comfortable. Entertainment was really fun. The food (with the exception of the first day) was wonderful! Get the warm molten chocolate cake! The 2 ports were beautiful!

I have since written my displeasure to Carnival. They took the "Oh well, what More are you going to do" attitude and offered nothing else. This is my 4th cruise with them and I felt they should have credited us at lease $100. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6250

The initial room was directly across from a tender. I had the room changed before the cruise and lost the $100 on board credit. Don't let them assign your room if you are offered this promo. Not worth it!