Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by NCBBCruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by NCBBCruiser
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: NCBBCruiser
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Dissapointment of the seas

We have started cruising more lately than we ever did before. This was our 7th cruise in the last two years and I have to say that based on our first experience with Royal Caribbean, we will probably sail another cruise line next time, although we would like to sail on one of RCL's larger ships at some point. I realize that this was only a 4 night cruise but we felt like there was not enough night time activities/shows...etc. Only one comedy show all week!!

The pool situation and lack of attention by the staff was absolutely horrible!! We spent most of our time sitting around the rear exterior pool on the 9th deck. There is a childrens play area with a sprinkler and a childrens section in the forward pool but the children all gathered at the rear pool and were not only running, but jumping, pushing, pulling and at times standing on the upper ledge and jumping into the pool over someone else. Not only was this extremely disturbing because we could not even get close to the pool because of them running and splashing, but was difficult to watch and wait for someone to get hurt, and of course that did happen and the parents had to carry the two smaller children away. And not one single time did a Royal Caribbean staff member stop them or even warn them to stop? I filmed a few minutes of this activity, but not sure which forum to share it on. Why is this acceptable behavior on a Royal Caribbean cruise? This did not just happen one day, it was every day!! The pool in the adult area would be great if it wasn't so hot with the roof closed and had at least some sort of music, very boring! And while sitting at the pool, why is there no music? Wednesday afternoon a band set everything up and started playing(they were very good), but they only played for 40 minutes and then stopped so they could show the movie Frozen at 4:00 in the afternoon? Really? The way the sun was shining, you could not even see the screen anyway.

Although our room was very nice and clean, We did not even see our room attendant until the last night. Ice cream machine was shut down every time we went to get some and twice was during the day!

I got me a voucher for a soda package for my 12 yr old son, upon boarding the ship I showed it to the staff member at the large table where they were selling beverage packages and they said that I had to go to the guest services counter to take care of it. They said that they could not, that I had to go to the guys at the beverage table, I told Guest services that I had been there and they sent me here, back and forth and an hour later It was worked out, very unorganized!

Our weather was perfect and Coco Cay was amazing, we really enjoyed the island. The best part of the cruise was the fact that it was not crowded at all, never had to wait on an elevator, lines were not long for anything, shows were barely half full, and always chairs available by the pool. Obviously the ship was not even close to capacity.

We love cruises and will be taking many, many more, but I don't think it will be on Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 05/05/14