Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by money4mice: Started out rough but ended great

money4mice
Member Since 2004

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Started out rough but ended great

Sail Date: April 2014

We took a flight from the Choice Air program which allowed us to leave Pennsylvania on the day of embarkation. After eating lunch at the buffet we were able to go to our room. This was our first cruise without children, and this was also our 10 th cruise. We were enjoying the balcony when my husband went into the room and called to me. To my horror he pointed out what looked to be mucus on the couch. Looking around the room we saw that the room had not been cleaned too well. There was trash on surfaces, dirty mirrors and smudges on surfaces. I called housekeeping and got no answer. I then called Customer Relations for a total of 4 times with promises to send someone up to no avail after 2.5 hours, visiting customer relations twice. It was only after I threatened to pit the pictures of the room on Cruise Critic that someone from housekeeping and our room steward came up. after being assured our room would be cleaned and sanitized we left our room for several hours. We also asked for a More different room steward. The one we had obviously did not have time or was incapable of cleaning a room properly.

After this incident we had our dinner paid for in the Specialty restaurant, were sent flowers and champagne and received a $100 cruise credit for our inconvenience.

Our dinner at Ocean liners was very food, very rich. You cannot be in a hurry here. Between our entree and dessert, we did not see our waiter for almost 1 hour.

subsequent meals were in the Main dining Room, first seating. We had superb waiters. We also had fabulous table mates who have now become close fiends. The food was always excellent both in the dining room and at the buffet. Service in both areas was the usual Celebrity service we expected. our new room steward was also excellent.

My favorite part of the ship was the coffee bar. i love the cozy yellow chairs and getting a decaff latte with a shot of Bailey's. The pool area was always very crowded and noisy. We are early riser so we were still able to get a chair at about 9:00 but not one with partial shade which is what I prefer.

I did notice that the pool area was quite loud and seemed more like a Carnival cruise ship that a Celebrity Ship. I was glad I brought ear plugs. I preferred to take a dip in the quieter area, the Thalasstherapy pool which was for adults. That was lovely.

Entertainment was fair. The comedians were above average and the illusionist was great. The singers and there show was not great. There was only one excellent male singer that left an impression on us. The singers and dancers did work very hard though and it was something to do.

I took advantage of the apple Classes offered onboard and learned quite a lot. I also went to the gym a few times and found the classes i did to be benign but they are teaching to a variety of levels so it was fine.

We really liked Key west and had an awesome lunch At Louis's backyard. We did the trolley tour and also had time to visit Hemingway's House. In Cozumel, we went to Nachi Cocum Beach. It was expensive and not worth it at all!! Next time, I would just return to Paridise Beach, cheaper and nicer.

So, in the end, the cruise started out frustratingly and suprisingly bad, but after our room got cleaned up, it ended up being a fabulous week. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

We went to Nach Cocum after reading great reviews about this beach area. I would not recommend this place. The beach was full of debris and service was not great. I bought Wi- Fi for $5 that only worked in one spot in the restaurant. It was pretty bad. They offer drinks and food for your $55. The food we ordered was excellent, grilled grouper, guacamole and cerviche. We are not big drinkers. Also we rarely saw our waiter and for drinks and to order food I had to track someone down in the restaurant. The chairs are white resin, with no pads. you bring your own towel. Very uncomfortable. The pool was full of children as was the hot tub. The beach club was not a quiet relaxing place to be as we were lead to believe by the past reviews. Next time we stop in Cozumel, I wou;ld return to Paridise Beach which is significantly less money and much nicer.

Read 3137 Cozumel Reviews