“A Great Vacation”

Member Since 2014
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Had a great 7 days on the Royal Princess - its a great ship

Food - Excellent variety, quality and quantity etc. and a real highlight of the cruise. Horizon Court was always well stocked. Service in the Concerto was always efficient and friendly and we had a real giggle with some of our waiting staff. We tried the Crown Grill and Sabatinis too - I think I preferred the Crown Grill - being linked to the Wheelhouse bar it had a bit more of an atmosphere about it - but food and service great in both. The Pizzeria made a nice change for lunch one day too

Drinks - Good selection and reasonably priced. Id probably take advantage of the All Inclusive drinks package next time. We are not big drinkers but it would probably save us slightly. Crooners has now given me a taste for Martinis (hiccup)

Entertainment - We saw a good magician and a great comedian. The dance shows were good (hot dancers). I felt the singers in the show weren't as good as singers on our last cruise. The Pianist in Crooners was Hilarious. Kory Simon. Very Talented man. Some very recent films were showing which I was pleased about. This ship has a Princess Live TV studio where you can be in the audience during filming. Some of the shows were really funny such as the Mr and Mrs Gameshow. (I didn't like the Karaoke shows here as they were generally full of kids whos parents thought they were talented). The Cruise Director (Sam) really shone in the TV studio - she was very talented hosting the quiz shows and showed a great sense of humour in front of a very varied audience.

Cabin - M727 at the very back of the ship. Nice room - huge balcony with sun loungers on it - but I wouldn't pay the extra for it again for one reason - the balcony seems to get covered with black ash from the funnel on occasion (especially during wet weather). Other may not like the fact that the balcony is directly overlooked by the Outrigger bar - although this was often quiet except during the Sailaway activities. The same cabin one deck down would afford a little more privacy if this bothers you. Cabin was very handy for the gym, Horizon Court, Outrigger bar and has a distinct advantage over midship cabins - ease of access to other parts of the ship. It is very close to an elevator which takes you down to Promenade. Those with Midship cabins were complaining there were no stairs at midship so often had long wait times at elevators or had to walk forward or aft to get an elevator easily. Perhaps this is one ship where Midship cabins should not cost a premium.

Negatives - I would have liked to have seen Deck Staff more proactive at removing towels which people had used to reserve sunbeds. On one day I was on deck by around 0830 and saw two beds being reserved. The beds then remained unoccupied will around noon, when they were claimed for all of 30 minutes before the guests then spent an hour in the pool before retiring to their cabin

Another negative was embarkation - it took around two hours :-(

We had a great time and have booked another two princess cruises on our return to the UK

Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Royal Princess Review
Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?