Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Ah hoy: Rename ship -Extra Extra

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Rename ship -Extra Extra

Sail Date: April 2014

We have cruised with Princess, Royal and Celebrity and were thrilled with all. We were beginning to think that all cruises would be excellent just like those were. Sad to say though the Getaway was a disappointment. The boat is larger, but unfortunately the best real-estate was taken up by the extra charge restaurants ( which even after paying a cover charge to get in had extra changes for menus items above and beyond the original cover charge)

The main restaurants were mediocre - don't go to Haven or Taste and expect to feel like you are " dining out". The main area is The Casio and where it is open to other floors the smoke is everywhere because they allow smoking in the Casio and it drifts fairly far. The should change their slogan to " Smoke like a Norwegian!"

I think apart from the extras on so many restaurants the other thing that was way out of whack was the Gym. I personally really like to work out while I am on a cruise. Good luck with that one! The design More is set up into four rooms - the cardio equipment on one side of a hallway and the weight machine area that has two unavailable rooms for I guess cycling and some sort of boxing attached to that. The weight area is about 10'x 15 and is with free weights and two benches, ( smith machine) in there. It is so small it is ridiculous - I would be amazed if passengers have not had some major bumps in there. It is simply dangerous. The Mayflower had a bigger gym!

For a ship that has 4000 plus people the gym size I s disappointing, but the pools? Wow two pools for 4000, that seems tight hey? We'll take into account one is child only pool and the other one is supposed to take everyone else. That was ROUGH!

This is the Cruise critic right? So my advice to you is ... Save your money and take one of the other lines where you have more room, more choice for less, better service and much better time. Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>