Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by GoBlue45

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by GoBlue45
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: GoBlue45
Cruise Date: April 2014
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Fabulous Cruise on the Celebrity Reflection - April 19th-26th 2014

We had a great time on our cruise.

First of all, I have to say the embarkation process was so painless. We literally waited in a 2 minute line and then got our keys and boarded the boat! I have heard horror stories about this process and it could not have been more organized and easy to board. Once on the ship we went straight to the pool and the bar (as our rooms were not ready yet) and had a few Rum drinks which got the party started!

Room Service

Once our rooms were open - our bags were dropped off within minutes of our arrival to the room. Our Room attendants through the Week were Esther and Antonio and they were incredible. It was amazing that they always seemed to know when we left the room because every time (and I mean every time) we left the room for a meal or whatever - we came back to a made bed and a straightened room. They were truly amazing! Also - Every morning my girlfriend called the room service to order a coffee and a banana and they were there within minutes and it was FREE I believe....we just gave them a tip when they knocked.

I would say the food we had during the week was slightly short of amazing but gets very HIGH marks as the dining experiences we had were very good! The Opus dining room where we had most of our dinners was very good and the one time we had a DRY Salmon, they were quick to get us another one that was cooked to our liking. The Escargot every night were incredible! On the Formal dinner night they had Lobster, Lamb chops and Beef Wellington among other things. I got the Beef Wellington and the steak was one of the best I have ever had! It was PERFECT! My girlfriend said the Lobster was amazing as well. I did not care for most of the dessert choices but again that is subjective and I know others really liked their desserts and that was really my only negative about Opus.

Breakfasts at Oceanview Café were fair. There was a large selection of food and it was all pretty good, but not amazing (hard to critique eggs, sausage and bacon) but very edible and plentiful. I opted for scrambled eggs, bacon and smoked salmon and a bagel......fine breakfast as far as I am concerned.

Qsine Restaurant - We did this on the 2nd night of the cruise. we paid the extra $45 per person and I thought this restaurant was very creative. They gave us an iPAD with about a dozen or so choices and we got to pick three entrees each (similar to a Tapas restaurant in that they were smaller portions for sharing). At first I was concerned that we would not have enough to eat - but we got plenty and our waiter (can't recall his name really SOLD the experience). He was very knowledgeable and we picked fun foods they created in a colorful way! We enjoyed the experience.

Cellar Masters

We visited the Cellar Masters Daily/Nightly after we took the Riedel Wine Glass Class (which was really eye opening). Our Sommelier Stefania was our favorite! She ran the wine glass class and then invited us to the Cellar masters to try out the wines and see what a difference having a quality wine glass made. She was so informative and really helped make our trip wonderful with all of the good wines she put us on to. We also met another couple in that class and we would meet them every day in the Cellar Masters for Wine before and after dinner. Please ask for Stefania if you are on this cruise!

There were other things we did on the ship that we enjoyed including the pool, we saw a very funny hypnotist show and the nighlty entertainment in the lobby area was very good. We did a couples massage and I thought it was very expensive for what we got. Apparently there are times where we could have gotten cheaper massages but that was not made know to us until after our massage.

All in all - I thought Celebrity and the Celebrity Reflection did an amazing job of turning non-cruisers into cruisers. Looking forward to a cruise in the Mediterranean next time!

Publication Date: 05/02/14