Disney Wonder Cruise Review by akeyesrobb: 3rd time on Disney is indeed a charm

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Wonder Western Caribbean Cruises

3rd time on Disney is indeed a charm

Sail Date: February 2014

I travelled with my husband and 2 children (ages 8 and 10) on our 3rd Disney cruise and once again was not disappointed. We had a great time overall and booked the next one before we left the ship!

We dropped off our rental car at a downtown Miami location and took a cab to the terminal. We really appreciate the express line they set up for return Disney cruisers -- very nice to check in quickly. I had forgotten to print out my paperwork, but the Disney rep was still able to take care of our check-in.

So my one slightly negative comment was on our cabin arrangement. I had been trying to upgrade from an ocean view to a veranda cabin for weeks, but nothing was available. We asked at guest services as soon as we boarded, which is what we had been advised to do by a Disney rep we spoke to the week before. They told us they wouldn't know if their were verandah rooms available until 6:00 pm, so we hung out in our cabin but didn't unpack. We checked at guest services at More 6:00, but their computers were down so we kept going back for the next hour until they did find us a balcony room. We moved all of our stuff, only to discover the new cabin did not have enough beds for our family. We waited another hour or so, and they did finally find us an appropriate cabin. All worked out in the end, but not the most organized I have seen Disney.

We had been on the Wonder for a shorter cruise before; definitely explored the ship more this time around and particularly enjoyed Deck 4 with Studio 66 and all of the fun murals and decorations. We also did a better job of taking advantage of all entertainment this time around -- saw a magic show, variety show, Toy Story, Dreams, and all the other big evening productions. Our kids did not go to kids club but we went to a lot of the daytime family activities, like learning how to draw characters, and family Pictionary. My husband did a mixology class (for a low fee), and I took advantage of the fitness center (which is nice but desperately needs more ventilation) every day.

In Cozumel, we did a Disney excursion that combined snorkeling with some private beach time --- really great tour group! And at Castaway Cay, we splurged and rented a private cabana. It was our 3rd time at Castaway Cay but the beautiful island never gets old. Did the Stingray adventure this time around, which we really enjoyed.

The whole reason we go on Disney cruises is the attentive dining staff, and their ability to smoothly handle food allergies. My daughter has many of them, and is very uncomfortable eating away from home except for Disney Cruises. We had another great experience with a dining crew that helped us place her meal orders the night before, and worked with the kitchen to insure that everything was safe.

All in all, we had a great time and would highly recommend Disney and the Wonder to everyone, but particularly to families with food allergies. Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>