Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by jmheadon: Disappointed!!!!!

Norwegian Dawn 2
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

First of all, let me start by saying that this was a cruise that included 15 families from my twin sons senior class trip. I organized this cruise and was hopeful it would be a great time. My husband and I sailed on Norwegian for our honeymoon 22 1/2 years ago and it was great.....not this time.

Embarkation was awesome!! Very quick and very pleasant staff. We were in a penthouse suite, so we were treated very well upon arrival.

Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms and bathroom. However, there was a horrible odor coming from the bathroom, a very strong sewer odor. I immediately notified guest services and our room steward. After repeatedly contacting them, it was fixed FOUR days later. The gentleman that took the drain off said he had the work order two days earlier, but was unable to get to the room because he was busy. I went down to guest services yet again and asked to speak with a manager. I was told that I would have to More fill out a "comment card" and he was very sorry for the inconvenience, but managers do not speak to guests. I filled out the comment card addressed to the hotel manager named Allain, but NEVER heard from him.

The food and service in the dining rooms was slow and very mediocre. Staff spoke very little English. One night our dinner took TWO hours in the dining room and we missed our show. The entertainment was okay. We did eat at Cagney's one night and it was fabulous, but once again service was slow and the staff did not even know who ordered what. It was bizarre. It is a shame you have to pay $30 pp for good food. It used to be that all the food was great on cruises.

In closing, I will just say that our family made the best of the cruise, but I would never ever encourage anyone to sail with Norwegian. Less

Published 05/02/14