Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by TammyC: Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

TammyC
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Fantastic time on the cruise. Dining experience in the main dining room was the best we had ever had. Rooms were very clean along with the rest of the ship. We travelled as a group of 6, 4 adults and 2 kids (12 & 9). As adults we felt that Royal Caribbean does a very good job of engaging everyone and getting them involved in activities and events to keep them entertained.

My kids did not feel the same way about the kids programs. We signed our 9 year old up for the program first day, but every time we went by there they did not seem to be doing anything that was engaging or enticing for her to participate in. Our 12 yr attempted to enter the areas designated for her a few times, but the way Royal groups the teens (12-17), every time she tried to go in and make friends she was intimidated by all of the older kids in there. She tried multiple times throughout the cruise. She said that she never even saw anyone close to her age.

The only other onboard complaint was More that as the week went by the caribbean band that played poolside seemed to turn the volume up on the amps a little louder each day. Mid week it was to the point that we had to lean into each others ear and almost yell to talk to the person beside you. It got to the point that we would not even use the pool areas.

Everyone loved the rock wall and flow rider. We rented the flow rider out twice because the lines were so long during open sessions.

Ports of calls were good. Labadee was beautiful, but the people selling their wares were pushing and too aggressive for me. They actually drove me away instead of bringing me in to the stands. Same thing for the port in Cozumel, just not quite as bad Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas 6289

Room was nice, clean, and well kept. Everything worked and had no signs of age or wear. Room size is fine for 2 but would be cramped for 4. We had also had adjoining 6287 which was in the same condition.

Been there 2 times before. I don't remember the water being as blue and a pretty as it was this time. Port was clean. Some of the sellers were overly aggressive, some were laid back. the laid back ones got my money, aggressive ones did not. Everyone in our party enjoyed our time here.

Read 3089 Cozumel Reviews

Secret Falls was amazing. Bit of a long drive but so worth it. Stop at Scotchies for lunch. I never knew chicken and pork could taste so good. I did not know anything about festival before Scotchies, but I don't know how I can live without it know!! The only bad part was getting out of the port. We were told that Royal Caribbean changes the rules for the independent operators daily and delays them accordingly. I don't know how true that is, but it did take security about 1-1.25 hour to open the gate. The port was clean and had a nice open layout. Slight pressure from sellers especially one on the streets, but not too bad.

Read 474 Falmouth Reviews

Turtle Farm

(4)

A bit crowded trying to find where to go for the excursion pickup location. Once located it was a little difficult to keep group together due to the walk to the bus. Tour was good. At the time it seemed that the tour guide rushed though the tour a bit. I did not know that we would have free time to explore and enjoy on our own. Could have done with the Hell stop on the tour. It is 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Shopping district around the port was clean. I never felt pressured to buy anything and never felt watched for browsing.

Beauitful setting. Very welcoming reception from boats and jet skis when docked. Very tranquil setting. Locals very aggressive in selling their wares. They actually drove me away from their shacks instead of pulling me in.

Read 356 Labadee Reviews