Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by lbt43: The Pearl shined!

lbt43
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

The Pearl shined!

Sail Date: April 2014

What a great cruise.  Embarkation was a bit long for my taste, but still really easy and quick. Once through the line, we were basically on the ship, no waiting. Sailed away on time with a Pina Colada on my balcony, enjoyed a beautiful miami sail away. After sail away, we made our way to the pool deck from some music and dancing. The Pearl has a great pool and pool area.

The first sea day was reserved for ship activities such as; Pool relaxing, casino, bingo, dancing, drinking. General cruise fun! I met the hotel director, Mirsad, he was amazing. He was very nice, and always made an effort to say hello and ask how the cruise was. The entire staff was just great!

First Day in Port - Roatan, Honduras. My friend and I decided to go to Maya Key on a shore excursion with Norwegian. After 6 cruises, this was the first time I had elected to do a shore excursion. I am not sure why I decided to change as of now, but I am glad I did. Maya Key was a great time. The More snorkeling was great, a little rough but the guides were very helpful. The beach and animal sanctuary were very interesting and a good chance to relax, caribbean style. The lunch buffet was one of the best I have ever ate! I would go back again in a heartbeat.

Sadly, right before the ship was about to leave, the captain came on the overhead and told the guests that a crew-member, Jacob, a cook from the Philippines, had been murdered in the city over a cell phone. A sad end to an over all great time. Remember, this sort of madness can happen anywhere in the world. Make sure you leave your valuables on the ship. You can be away from your cell for a day, if not the entire week. I would give Roatan a B. I would go back.

Belize City, Belize. - In Belize we chose to do the Lamanai Ruins and river tour. This was a great way to see the countryside and "real" Belize. From the ship to the Boatride, it does take 90 minutes, so, prepare yourself for a long, hot, bus ride. The tour itself was good. I enjoyed the fast boat ride to the ruins and seeing the Mayan history right before my eyes. It was really a dream come true to see those temples. The guides were knowledgable and kind. The tour does make for a very long and hard day, but if you like cultural history and hiking, you will enjoy. You will also get to see some wild howler monkeys!

The tender ride from the ship to shore is about 15 minutes, so, prepare your sunscreen! Belize B+ I would go back!

Cozumel, Mexico. - My first time in Mexico was good. I went out to Chalkanabb national park and it was a nice relaxing beach day. there is plenty to do in Cozumel. You will just have to find out what is right for you. I felt safe the entire time. Cozumel B I would go back.

Key West - Key west is a good place to party. Not really my favorite port, but it is fun. I will probably drive there later this year to explore more.

Overall, the Pearl was amazing. Always something going on and also a lot of places to just relax. Sail the Pearl!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 10524

A nice Balcony cabin.

Lamanai Mayan Ruins

(5)

I liked this. My only complaint was that the bus was very hot on the way back to the port.

Lots of fun things to do in Cozumel! Easy to get to, fun to see. A great port.

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

Pub Crawl

(5)

Lots of fun and a good way to meet people. Key west is a neat place, however, I just don't enjoy visiting US ports while on a cruise. I would go back though!

Beach Day

Maya Key.

Snorkeling

Maya Key Beach getaway was great!! Animal Sanctuary, Snorkel train, Buffet - All excellent!