Maasdam Cruise Review by jaspersmycat

Maasdam
Member Name: jaspersmycat
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Maasdam Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Maasdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Maasdam Deck Plans
Wonderful cruise on the Maasdam

I had a wonderful time on this cruise. This was my second solo cruise.

I did not go to any of the entertainment but heard very good reviews from those who went.

I ate dinner at 8pm in fixed dining at a table for 6 but there were only 4 of us. Food was very good. Service was a little slow but most nights we were done by 9:15 to 9:30.

My cabin (Neptune Suite 043) was very spacious. The Neptune lounge concierges were both very helpful. My room stewards were the best I have ever had. I rarely saw them in my room but always got a warm greeting when I saw them in the halls. My room was "magically" cleaned when I went to breakfast.

I did not notice any problems with the ship. The captain was a recluse but the Cruise Director more than made up for that. Rick Barnes (CD) was everywhere. I believe he met every person on the cruise. He always asked how things were and stayed to listen to the answer.

The ports were good. I especially liked St. Vincent and the Grenadine Gardens tour. I am not a beach person nor a jewelry shopper so much of the allure of the islands was lost on me.

Publication Date: 04/29/14