Maasdam Cruise Review by jaspersmycat: Wonderful cruise on the Maasdam

Compare Prices on Maasdam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful cruise on the Maasdam

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I had a wonderful time on this cruise. This was my second solo cruise.

I did not go to any of the entertainment but heard very good reviews from those who went.

I ate dinner at 8pm in fixed dining at a table for 6 but there were only 4 of us. Food was very good. Service was a little slow but most nights we were done by 9:15 to 9:30.

My cabin (Neptune Suite 043) was very spacious. The Neptune lounge concierges were both very helpful. My room stewards were the best I have ever had. I rarely saw them in my room but always got a warm greeting when I saw them in the halls. My room was "magically" cleaned when I went to breakfast.

I did not notice any problems with the ship. The captain was a recluse but the Cruise Director more than made up for that. Rick Barnes (CD) was everywhere. I believe he met every person on the cruise. He always asked how things were and stayed to listen to the answer.

The ports were good. I especially liked St. Vincent More and the Grenadine Gardens tour. I am not a beach person nor a jewelry shopper so much of the allure of the islands was lost on me. Less

Read more Maasdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Maasdam Review >>

Cabin review: Maasdam 043

This cabin is very spacious. A lot of storage space and a separate dressing room. Cabin has the added benefit of being able to use the Neptune Lounge. The concierge Melanie was very helpful and always friendly.The verandah has an extra overhang from the Lido bump-out above. This did not cause me any problems.