“Wonderful cruise on the Maasdam”
Cruise review of Holland America Maasdam

jaspersmycat Maasdam 5 Wonderful cruise on the Maasdam
jaspersmycat
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I had a wonderful time on this cruise. This was my second solo cruise.

I did not go to any of the entertainment but heard very good reviews from those who went.

I ate dinner at 8pm in fixed dining at a table for 6 but there were only 4 of us. Food was very good. Service was a little slow but most nights we were done by 9:15 to 9:30.

My cabin (Neptune Suite 043) was very spacious. The Neptune lounge concierges were both very helpful. My room stewards were the best I have ever had. I rarely saw them in my room but always got a warm greeting when I saw them in the halls. My room was "magically" cleaned when I went to breakfast.

I did not notice any problems with the ship. The captain was a recluse but the Cruise Director more than made up for that. Rick Barnes (CD) was everywhere. I believe he met every person on the cruise. He always asked how things were and stayed to listen to the answer.

The ports were good. I especially liked St. Vincent and the Grenadine Gardens tour. I am not a beach person nor a jewelry shopper so much of the allure of the islands was lost on me.

Maasdam Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

043
This cabin is very spacious. A lot of storage space and a separate dressing room. Cabin has the added benefit of being able to use the Neptune Lounge. The concierge Melanie was very helpful and always friendly.The verandah has an extra overhang from the Lido bump-out above. This did not cause me any problems.
Published 04/29/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Maasdam Review
Maasdam Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?