Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by cigardave

Destination: Bahamas
Public Rooms Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Sad

My wife and I are avid cruisers. We go on 4 or 5 per year. We have not been on Norwegian for many years but had fond memories of the Norway. Where do I start. The crew all seamed unhappy and uninterested in their jobs. I don't know if its because the "freestyle" cruising or what but not alot of happy workers on board. Only a few looked at you and said anything as you passed in hallways or other common areas. Wow..The food was below average soups cold, steaks not cooked to the right temperature. The buffet was rather bland and the choices didn't change from day to day. The slogan around the ship was "Music everywhere" ..The piano bar was a nice gent who was lost in his own little world no interaction with the guests. We spoke to some young folks they said there was nothing for them to do after 9pm. Yikes we agreed, I understand its a small ship but man everything seamed to be closed or it was so vanilla it was empty. The comic was a shining star on the trip. We are not much of the comedian types but he was very entertaining. The room was small but nice. We booked an inside cabin the bathroom was larger than most. Over all the experience was wanting us to jump on a Carnival ship and have fun. The price was fantastic [after rebates and incentives the cruise cost $29 plus port fees] but I still felt the trip had little value. The ports were nice, Nassau, Freeport, and their private island. The wait staff around the pool was very good. The band non engaging and bland.

Oh well you get what you pay for. I will stick to Carnival next time. Too bad.

Publication Date: 04/29/14