“Fascinosa Fiasco”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

I agree with the majority of comments about this cruise. We found the ship a beautiful clean ship but that is the only good thing about this cruise. Why are our travel agents selling these cruises for English speaking guests when Costa only want the English on board for their money and are not prepared to cater for them. The food was awful, limited choice and nearly always served cold or luke warm. The breakfast and lunch were also served on Deck 3 dining room as well as the buffet on deck 9. However because I am Coeliac (gluten free) I was not allowed to eat in the buffet (no food was available for me). I was served in a small section on Deck 3 by Sherwin the only waiter who seemed to know anything about gluten free food. We were served well by Sherwin although the choice was very limited. I had the same dessert for 20 days although they called it by different names, it was still the same cake. They only gave out the announcement for lunch being served in the deck 3 dining room in Italian so rarely English people went there. Our waiter hardly spoke English on our evening table and we spent half an hour sitting waiting for him to bring our menu. I tried the stretch class (I am a teacher myself) but the instructor was Brazilian and spoke no English which I found really difficult to follow. As everyone has said we might as well not have been there. As for the $11 per person per day - what a rip off. We had already paid the fare that Costa required but to get on board and find there was an $11 per day hotel service charge added to your on board account a total shock. This was not to cover gratuities but an increase in the cost of the cruise. A large group of English speaking guests finally rebelled having all complained so many times and not getting anywhere. The staff were all stony faced when confronted but I can now see that from all these bad comments that they are obviously used to people complaining. If you want to have a happy relaxed cruise with good food DO NOT CHOOSE COSTA. This is on behalf of the 5 people in our group who all share these comments.

Costa Fascinosa Cruises to Transatlantic
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Fascinosa Review
Costa Fascinosa Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?