Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by beachloverandfoodie: Great trip, nice enough ship

beachloverandfoodie
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Great trip, nice enough ship

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

My sister and I cruised out of Jacksonville on 3/31. We stayed in an interior cabin E142 which was plenty of room for us. I thought the closet was spacious and the desk was nice for putting on makeup, etc. We really enjoyed being on a higher deck and midship because we never took the elevators and instead walked up and down the stairs all day. The ship is a bit dated but it’s still nice. The entertainment staff is a ton of fun, HEY BRUNO, the shows in the evenings were good but not great and the comedians were just ok. While in Key Wet we decided to parasail but instead of going through the ship ($90pp), we booked directly with Sunset Watersports in Key West. They were very fun, professional and a 3 minute walk from the port for $29pp. Afterwards we rented bikes for $10 for the entire day and rode down to the southernmost point, did the butterfly conservatory (it was just ok), got temporary henna tattoos, got some drinks at Fat Tuesdays and got key lime pie and Blue More Heaven….delicious and fun outdoor music! The next day was Nassau where we did a glass bottom kayak, catamaran and snorkeling tour. It was fun but the best part was definitely the kayaking! Later we went to Senior Frogs and hung out on a very rocky beach until it was time to go back to the ship. We much preferred our day Key West but Senior Frogs really was a ton of fun. On the ship, our favorite area was always the Serenity area where we met a bunch of friends and hung out with them for the week. We had late dining and always enjoyed the food, our waitress and friends we made in the dining room. It was a great trip, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I’m sure there are nicer ships out there with nicer rooms and nicer ports but this was an ideal getaway and it was very affordable, I would highly recommend it. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination E142

Nice enough room, big enough for 2 people and got completely pitch black at night which was great for sleeping!

Bicycle Tour

Definitely rent bikes while in Key West…it was so easy to get around and it was such a nice day. I have no idea who we got the bike rental through but the bikes were great and they cost $10 for the whole day. We didn’t prebook, we just saw a bike stand and went up to them and got bikes for the day.

Parasailing

Sunset Watersports was the best! Definitely book with them, they are very close to the port (3 minute walk), inexpensive and very professional and fun! We felt safe the entire time and we even bought the DVD and high resolution pictures that were offered because they were also very affordable. I would definitely use them again!

Pub Crawl

We didn’t do an official pub crawl but there are plenty of places to eat and drink…do your own research and stumble into some cool places and make new friends!

Kayaking

Get a glass bottom kayak….you’re welcome