Viking Lif Cruise Review by somuchtosee

Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Europe River
Cabin Category: Veranda
See More About: Viking Lif Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Viking Lif Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Fabulous Cruise

My husband and I along with four friends were on the inaugural Lif sailing through the Netherlands and Belgium on March 23, 2014. My husband and I and another couple had not sailed before but have traveled extensively throughout Europe managing our own travel arrangements. I have to admit that our Viking trip exceeded our expectations. The most amazing part for me was the crew. The crew made us feel so comfortable and welcome. We were always greeted by the staff and crew. There were a number of extras that the staff did like greeting us back from an outing on the dock - holding letters which spelled out "welcome back". It was our home away from home.  The food was plentiful and delicious and the choices would please a picky eater. We even tried dishes that we would not normally choose. The excursions were well planned, interesting and always on time. The information for the next day's excursion was detailed at the evening's briefing session. There were a few glitches but they were minor and when they was brought to staff's attention, they were acknowledged and corrected. That is how a problem should be handled. Our trip truly delivered what was promised and we are looking forward to our next Viking cruise.

Publication Date: 04/28/14