Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by ivy andev12212010

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by ivy andev12212010
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: ivy andev12212010
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Better then January cruise... but not great...

My Mother & I took this identical cruise in January of this year and were very disappointed. So when the opportunity presented itself to take it again (with my husband) decided to try again.

For the most part I was pleased. The staff was way friendlier then in January.

We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package again and were not disappointed. We ate in Cagney's, Teppanyaki (2), Le Bistro (2) & La Cucina (2). All were excellent and well worth the additional money.

We steer away from the buffet as a rule. The few times we had breakfast there the workers were very surl, it was overcrowded, and the quality was poor.

We went to two Latitudes parties. The rum punches are great (and free). The Captain, Kenneth has a great personality and seems quite nice. The rest of the senior officers do not mingle, nor do they seem very friendly. I'm used to Hotel Director, Armando Da Silva (Jade & Spirit), he is very charming, he and his staff get out daily, remember your names, send you wines and cheese/fruit trays. Make you feel special.

The Cruise Director, Jaime, is good. Not phony like many of the others. Romeo, the Cruise Consultant, is the best by far.

I've been on this exact cruise 3 times over the past year (although one was on the Star- much better then the Jewel) so the destinations are pretty blah for me. This time w opted for the Tulum ruins in Cozumel, and the zip-ining in Roatan. Ruins - bad, too hot, boring guide. Zip-lining - great, nice short scenic drive Belize is fun, great shopping, good food. Costa Maya, nothing special.

Shows were poor. They must be in the midst of changing staff. There were three female dancers, all horrible. Bad singers. Broken seats scattered throughout showroom. The Russian aerialists were good, but the male should stick to aerialism, he is not a very good singer, although as good as what was on stage.

All in all a relaxing cruise, but nothing special. We are going on a 9 day Baltic cruise on the NCL Star next month, hope it's better. I might have to think about changing cruise lines. Such a shame, I have loved NCL so much.

Publication Date: 04/28/14