Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by IslandGrl411

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by IslandGrl411
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: IslandGrl411
Cruise Date: April 2014
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Overall a Great Cruies

Overall not many complaints. I purchased the faster to the fun so my check in was very fast and smooth. I basically got off the shuttle and pretty much walked right on the ship. I checked in late so my luggage had not made it to my cabin. By the time I returned from guest services to complain my luggage was at my door. I had a balcony on the 8th deck. My cabin was clean and very roomy. There was lots of storage. There was a slight odor the first night. I don't know if I got used to it or it was taken care of. Also, the bed was not very comfortable so my steward keep adding padding until it was to my liking :) Every morning and night my room was cleaned immaculately. The bed was turned down with chocolate and a cute towel animal. This was my first solo cruise and as a woman it was important for me to feel safe and comfortable with my steward. My steward (Ida Borgarus) was wonderful.

The food on the Liberty was for the most part delicious. I ate in the main dining room 4 out of the 7 nights. The dinner buffet on the Lido Deck was hit or miss. Most nights it was a miss. Lunch was much better. Guy's burgers were very good ( a little greasy) but still really good. I really like the Mongolian Wok and obvious everyone else because the lines were very long. Breakfast on the Lido deck in my opinion was always very good.

The entertainment on the Liberty was outstanding thanks to the wonderful cruise director Brittany and her trusty assistant Wally. The Lido parties and games were so much fun. Because I was cruising solo, I pretty much did every activity except for bingo. The dance classes were so much fun. Karaoke was an absolute joy thanks to Kim (Karaoke King). I never really got around to going to the Hot and Cool Disco. It was always very empty and boring. I guess it was too early.

The ports were beautiful. I went to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Getting on and off the ship was smooth. The security on this ship was much nicer and polite than the security on the Valor. I purchased my excursions before I cruised. I'm glad I did. That was just one thing less for me to worry about. All of the excursions were good except for the Coast to Coast in Grand Turk. There just isn't much to see in Grand Turk. I didn't do an excursion in Nassau. I hoped on the ferry for 8 bucks and walked around Paradise Island. I did St. Johns in St. Thomas, Walking Tour in San Juan and an additional excursions in Grand Turk the Gibbs Cay Stingray Encounter (amazing)!

My biggest complaints with Carnival are the smoking when you walk thru the promenade deck and in Karaoke and the millions of kids that are allowed to run amuck. If it weren’t for the rude, out of order kids running everywhere this cruise would have a five. Even with the wild kids and smoking overall this was a great cruise!!

Publication Date: 04/28/14