Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by IslandGrl411: Overall a Great Cruies

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Overall a Great Cruies

Sail Date: April 2014

Overall not many complaints. I purchased the faster to the fun so my check in was very fast and smooth. I basically got off the shuttle and pretty much walked right on the ship. I checked in late so my luggage had not made it to my cabin. By the time I returned from guest services to complain my luggage was at my door. I had a balcony on the 8th deck. My cabin was clean and very roomy. There was lots of storage. There was a slight odor the first night. I don't know if I got used to it or it was taken care of. Also, the bed was not very comfortable so my steward keep adding padding until it was to my liking :) Every morning and night my room was cleaned immaculately. The bed was turned down with chocolate and a cute towel animal. This was my first solo cruise and as a woman it was important for me to feel safe and comfortable with my steward. My steward (Ida Borgarus) was wonderful.

The food on the Liberty was for the most part delicious. I ate in the main dining room 4 out of More the 7 nights. The dinner buffet on the Lido Deck was hit or miss. Most nights it was a miss. Lunch was much better. Guy's burgers were very good ( a little greasy) but still really good. I really like the Mongolian Wok and obvious everyone else because the lines were very long. Breakfast on the Lido deck in my opinion was always very good.

The entertainment on the Liberty was outstanding thanks to the wonderful cruise director Brittany and her trusty assistant Wally. The Lido parties and games were so much fun. Because I was cruising solo, I pretty much did every activity except for bingo. The dance classes were so much fun. Karaoke was an absolute joy thanks to Kim (Karaoke King). I never really got around to going to the Hot and Cool Disco. It was always very empty and boring. I guess it was too early.

The ports were beautiful. I went to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Getting on and off the ship was smooth. The security on this ship was much nicer and polite than the security on the Valor. I purchased my excursions before I cruised. I'm glad I did. That was just one thing less for me to worry about. All of the excursions were good except for the Coast to Coast in Grand Turk. There just isn't much to see in Grand Turk. I didn't do an excursion in Nassau. I hoped on the ferry for 8 bucks and walked around Paradise Island. I did St. Johns in St. Thomas, Walking Tour in San Juan and an additional excursions in Grand Turk the Gibbs Cay Stingray Encounter (amazing)!

My biggest complaints with Carnival are the smoking when you walk thru the promenade deck and in Karaoke and the millions of kids that are allowed to run amuck. If it weren’t for the rude, out of order kids running everywhere this cruise would have a five. Even with the wild kids and smoking overall this was a great cruise!! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8328

This cabin was in a great location. It was midship and close to elevators but not so close that the noise was a bother. It was close to the Lido deck and just an elevator ride down to promenade.

Stingray Swim

The Stingray Swim at Gibbs Cay was wonderful. There were many stingrays. The guides helped you with the stingrays. They held them while you touched and took photos. They also took photos for $10 each. You pay at the port ( cash only) and they email them in about 2-3 days. If you think you might want the photos make sure you get off the boat first and get immediately in line. You have to view the photos on a laptop and they only had three. Kelvin the Captain was amaizing.

I didn't purchase an excursion. I took the $8 round trip ferry to Paradise Island. I walked around and rode the ferry back. I got a late start to my day and didn't have much time. If I had more time I could have walked to the free beach in Paradise Island. Just an idea if you would like to save some money.

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

Walking Tour of Old San Juan

(2)

I arrived about 30 minutes early and I was greeted by three very friendly tour guides. She answered all my questions and seemed very excited. The tour went thru San Juan. Pointed out serval buildings. We walked to the fort. Once in the fort the guide was very informative. It's essential that you wear comfortable sturdy shoes. Flip flops and other flimsy shoes/sandals not recommended. If you have joint or knee issues please take an ibruprophen the night before and morning of. It is a lot if walking. If u are afraid of closed dark places beware. The guide was good about warning people and letting people wait in places. Also wear sunscreen and sun hats. The tour gives u a bottle of water but bring ur own if it's going to be a hot day. Also you might want to bring some fruit or pack a snack. The tour is long and many people were complaining about being hungry. There was a lot of stopping and talking. If I wasn't solo cruising I would have went on my own. Everything is very close to the ship ( with in walking distance). The city is very easy to get around. San Juan is very small and you feel very safe because there are many people walking around (during the day). I really wouldn't recommend this tour at all. I think you are better off going on your own.

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(5)

This was a nice excursion. The beach at St. John Trunk Bay was absolutely beautiful. The water was so clear that you didn't even need snorkel gear to see the fish. I didn't actually snorkel. A lot of people chose not to snorkel. I hung out at the beach and played in the warm water. We only made two stops where we got out of the bus and took a few photos. Other than that the bus was not much of a tour.