Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Darwal

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: Darwal
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Absolutely Wonderful

Sailed 4/2 out of NY. When reading reviews I often wonder if I was on the same trip as others and/or if my expectations are set too low. I find the Splendor tends to get a lot of bad reviewers and I'm not sure why.

Our cabin and stewards were wonderful. We had a spa suite on deck 10, the room was nice and clean, more than big enough. Was never too warm or cold and if it was we would just change the thermostat. We took advantage of all the included spa services, the therapy pool being the highlight.

The dinning room food was always good, never disappointed. The service and entertainment was great. The sea day brunch was very good as well. The food was always hot and fresh.

The Lido Buffett was ok, not bad not great, its a buffet! The pizza was good and the coleslaw at the grill was fantastic, I couldn't stop eating it. The pool bars were well staffed and never took long to grab a drink.

The Pinnacle Steakhouse was very nice, the quality of the food and attention to service was spot on, would highly recommend.

We also did the Chef's Table, this was amazing. This is a must do experience for anyone who loves food, bring your appetite and try everything, you won't be disappointed.

The overall for the ship and staff, entertainment we saw was good, but was not blown away. Thought the best was Keith the singer in the Lobby, funny attitude and good tunes. All bar service was good. I found the ship to be very clean at all times. The only time I could smell smoke was in the casino, and mind you I hate being around it, but I was able to stand it here, I thought they did a good job with venting it out...you know going into the cruise that there is smoking in some areas, if you don't like it don't go.

We did not get sick, at all, though heard a few people did, but keep in mind people get sick at home on a daily basis too from work, school, shopping, etc...its not always the cruise lines fault. We constantly used the hand sanitizer throughout the ship and I would say we were in the minority for doing that, I have to think if more people cared for their own hygiene then perhaps there would be less sickness on ships.

My only complain of the whole trip was that at times it seemed impossible to find a restroom, wish there were either more of them or make them more clearly marked.

Remember a cruise is what you make of it, go in with a good attitude and you will probably come away with a good experience.

Publication Date: 04/28/14