Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by RobinKY

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by RobinKY
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: RobinKY
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Overall - Decent

This was my second cruise and my first cruise was 14 years ago. We traveled with two young kids and my in laws in their 70s. Overall I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. The plusses are the ship itself, food, the views from our balcony room and the service was very good. Dinners were exceptional and very enjoyable except our last dinner as explained below.

It lost some point on the following.

1. We bought the two bar packages - me just beer and wine and my wife got the next step up which included most mix drinks (if under $10/drink). My inlaws got a basic beverage package - soft drinks, premium coffee. bottled water. There was a lot of confusion. For example, at dinner my mother in law was told ice tea was not included with her package. My wife would order a margarita with Patron but the pool bartenders told her Patron was not included. She got Grey Goose in her bloody mary no problem. Overall I would say the drink packages were worth it for us as we usually had 7-10 drinks a day, except for the excursion day where we were off the ship most of the day so keep that in mind. Also at dinner our waiter had to get a different waiter to take our alcoholic drink order. This took extra time and they never stopped back to see we wanted another drink. Seems like they play this game to limit your drinks or have you order a more expensive bottle of wine for the table.

2. Pool area was very crowded and the last day we could not find pool chairs. It was a pain to get drinks at the pool bar. I guess I am not pushy like the group of NY-NJ goombas that hung out by the bar all day. The poolside service was very good though and it was better to just order drinks thru them.

3. Our dinner on the last night was a bust. We ordered a steak, fillet mignon. It came out cold. Our waiter who spoke very broken English tried to rectify it. We just wanted it warmed up a bit and it came out overcooked and very tough. The waiter let it slip that they microwaved it. We sent it back again and it came back a little tough again but we made do.

Overall the service staff works extremely hard and does a great job.

Publication Date: 04/28/14
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by RobinKY
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review