MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by PDigger: First and last time on MSC

Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Fantasia Mediterranean Cruises

First and last time on MSC

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Understand that I have been on over 35 cruises on multiple lines (first and last time on MSC) so maybe a first time cruiser would not recognize all the shortcomings. I’m not sure where to start with all the complaints however; I will give you the positive first:

Embarkation in Venice was crowded but your normal wait times if you’ve ever cruised before disembarkation was the same. Food in the dining room was average and the wait staff was friendly and accommodating. The ports were beautiful but that is about as positive as it gets.

Some negatives (I can’t list them all would lose interest);

• The food in the buffet was cold and repetitive. Lunch was leftovers from the previous night’s dinner service

• Getting a drink at any of the pool bars was an adventure either they ran out of glasses or completely ignored you

• Room was never cleaned thoroughly, stains on the rug, and smelt like it was cleaned with More a dirty rag

• The majority of the staff was rude, unprofessional, and uncaring

MSC is a budget cruise line and it shows. Most employees I encountered think they are the customers and we should be honored we are on their boat. This was the first time I was happy to leave a vacation

One last note; All the other reviews’ regarding the American’s being treated poorly by the crew is true (not all but most), I experienced it firsthand. Less

Read more MSC Fantasia cruise reviews >>