Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: downunder9
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Perth (Fremantle)
Destination: Asia
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

As Good As it Gets

Having done more than 120 Days at sea, There is always little things that go wrong but I look at the overall experience

There were mostly West Australians on board about 2600 I believe

I live 30 min from Fremantle, so my sister dropped us off at the Terminal at around 11.20am

This is my third trip on Voyager, great ship. Yes it will be going in for a refit this year but still beautifully maintained in my view.

Nobody seems to do it better than RCCL but we were on board by about 12.15pm

Rooms were ready around 2pm so we showed our friend around who had not been on Voyager before.

We were in Cabin 9550 which was close to the lifts.

As I do smoke and can no longer smoke on the balcony, it turned out to be a good spot going up or down to smoking area.

I have come to the conclusion if you have a great executive chef and a good Cruise Director then there is a big chance you will have a great cruise.

We had both, Bobby Brown the cruise director was very good, had some great and varied entertainment and 1 of the best race callers I have ever heard

Just before leaving a familiar voice announced that he had found the keys and we could leave.

Captain Charles, was on a previous cruise and I believe he is 1 of the best Captains ever

He appears to have a happy ship , a well run ship , spends time with Guests , has a great sense of humour.

Captain Charles is the best Captain I have seen by a mile.

We were on first dining sitting at table 357 with Edward from India and Andrie from Indonesia

Awesome guys, great service and Edward said before we left that he enjoyed serving our table, it was like family. I thought that was really nice

We went to Portofino's and I thought personally it was not as good as my last visit, but still good.

All the food was very good, we went to many shows which were also great. Not much we did not do on board and had a great time

The seas was as flat as a pancake the whole time and the sun shined does not get any better that that

I did also notice that there appeared to be some great friendships develop between staff and guests

We did a tour in Vietnam which was well organised as usual but in Thailand we pre arranged our own car as we just wanted to go down to Pattaya.

We arrived in Singapore and getting off was easy.

We got a taxi to the airport as we were flying out to Kota Kinabalu in the afternoon.

If there were any negatives it would have to be the cost of wine is crazy and I found it strange that a drink could be $8 at 1 bar and $10.50

It does not get any better than this and if people doing reviews complain a lot, then there is no hope for them

We have 3 more cruises booked, 1 in Rome and 2 in Miami and if they are as good as this one I would be really , really happy

Publication Date: 04/28/14