Island Escape Cruise Review by rickbell4: Lots of Fun, Amazing staff - was a great week.

rickbell4
Member Since 2014

Lots of Fun, Amazing staff - was a great week.

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

Usually when my partner and I go on holiday we do stay in 5* hotels - I decided to take 2 members of my family on this weeks Spirit of the Med cruise. After reading some reviews and having sailed on Celebrity Equinox, Oasis Of The Seas and others, I was a little worried about what to expect.

My first impression was the ship was bigger than I expected, cabin was small but ok just to sleep, change and shower. The ship is almost 30 years but the staff do an amazing job at keeping it spotless and clean.

Ross and his team are FANTASTIC, funny, cheeky, camp and professional ! The entertainment was great, the show team did a great job. It was my mums and nephews first time on a cruise and for £600 each it's well worth every penny. The all inclusive cocktails were great, the food was ok and lots of it, time to hit the gym now I'm back.

My nephew is 12, and the jokes and silliness was more than acceptable - it's 2014, get with it !!

During the day at More sea the team put together great pool side activities for the kids and adults if they want to join in. If you are taking kids onboard, they will have a great time.

Out of all cruises i have been on, the staff really have impressed me - well done everyone ! Just like Ross said , they know the ship is old but they ensure the activities and entertainment are of a high standard, your cabins and public areas all clean and tidy.

Would I go back - absolutely, for the price and what you get, the ports of call - defiantly I would. WELL DONE ISLAND ESCAPE !

If you are a first time cruiser like my mum, you will love it. ENJOY.

Richard, My Mum Sallyanne and Joel. Less