Thomson Dream Cruise Review by JoyCaw: Eastern Caribbean Thomson cruise review

Embarkation Not Rated

Eastern Caribbean Thomson cruise review

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Barbados

This is my experience travelling on Thomson cruise for the first time with my husband and my friend and her husband.

First I must say its a good thing that we are not first time cruiser.

We will share the bad points and the good points.

Bad points as follows-

1) Foods were poor.

2) ¼ of the staff seems to have down care ways about them.

3) Entertainment was poor.

4) No Caribbean flavour.

5) Cabin very dull, shower cubical very small.

6) Overall we were looking to have an authentic cruise, as it should have been a Caribbean cruise.

Good points-

Itineraries were good for example the different Island.

On the 03/04/14 my friend and I made a complaint to the receptionist on duty regarding the poor quality of the food, lack of entertainment.  She receptionist acted promptly by directed our complain to the head of management, which  They agreed to see us.  We met More with the entertainment officer, he was sorry we felt the entertainment was naïf regretted a steal band was not on board.  We met with the overall food manager and head chef, they listen to our concerns and acted upon it, outcome was good and for that we thank them very much.

Staff-

Larry at the back we cannot put in words how extremely good and attentive he was, also Rudi, Jodel, Rommel, waiters at the back and Astika cabin attendant made our cruise worthwhile.

Recommendation-

We had an excellent meal at the Grill and that was gladly appreciated but that standard should be through out the ship restaurant considering the amount of money we had to pay for this cruise.

Experience-

Caribbean cruise should have the flavour

Caribbean food should be introduce to the passengers

All Caribbean cruises should have a Caribbean night with variety of Caribbean food.

Joy, Winston, Less