Adventure of the Seas 4

“First Time Cruiser with 3 boys (11,9,8)”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

nomadic1669
Member Since 2014
15 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

* Stateroom: We had two indoor staterooms. One for my wife & I and another for the 3 boys. I would not do an inside stateroom again. I don't like waking up with no natural light. Our stateroom was at the very front of the boat and while the boat rocked the entire cruise we didnt feel it anymore because of our location. We knew it was going to be small so no surprise there.

* Cleanliness of ship: The ship was clean and in good shape. I saw no "eww" things on the ship and we went everywhere.

* Crew: Our stateroom attendant Dion was good. Everyone was nice. Some of the crew were unhappy with their jobs/hours/contract etc but they were all friendly to us. Everything we asked for we received promptly and with a smile. We had three spa treatments and it wasnt any more expensive than back home. Nice treat. I'd recommend

* Food/Drink: The three free food places are all we ate. Vivaldi, WindJammer and Promenade. That pizza is like crack -- Good stuff ;). The best More part of the main dining room were the soups. It was all good not great. I'm not a foodie so maybe I'm not the best to write this but the seafood was ok and I always expect fresh seafood when I travel down to Carribbean. We did not have a drink package and with the amount of sodas, mixed drinks or beer we had it would not have made sense.

* Excursions: We did St Maarten with Capt Bob Cass who we found on Trip Advisor. Highly recommend -- My best meal was the lunch with him. He was great with the boys. One of the boys were not fired up about snorkeling but the scond stop Capt Bob got him in the water and he enjoyed himself. Labadee was kind of a rip-off. EVERYTHING costs. Book the zip line early in the day - we had two at 3PM and by then it was too windy and they closed it. The coaster is fun. Bring $10 to give to attendant to get a second ride. We feared that with two ships there would not be enough shade but that's not the case -- plenty of trees and places to escape the sun. Bring $$, seapass card is not enough.

* Ship activities: We did the flash mob and it was our favorite thing. Our boys did the Adventure Ocean club and 1/3 liked it alot and kept going back. Our boys were old enough that I gave them the ability to sign themselves in/out and I think it made it more their choice. Less

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Published 04/27/14

Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?