River Royale Cruise Review by Heinbauch: Bordeaux River Cruise - 5 Star Luxury Aboard Uniworld's River Royale

Heinbauch
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on River Royale France Cruises

Bordeaux River Cruise - 5 Star Luxury Aboard Uniworld's River Royale

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: France
Embarkation: Other

Let me first begin telling about my Amazing Journey sailing the Bordeaux Region of France aboard Uniworld’s River Royale by mentioning how wonderful it is that Uniworld is now an All Inclusive Boutique River Cruise. All the gratuities onboard and onshore are now included along with unlimited beverages including wines, beers, spirits, cocktails, sodas, and coffees. Schedules Airport Transfers are also complimentary along with outstanding Excursions – no need to pay for extra excursions although a few optional tours are also available.

When I sailed my first Uniworld River Cruise two years ago on the River Antoinette I noticed barely anyone went to the Lounge after Dinner. Now, with open bar, many people stopped in for a drink after dinner. I noticed by midweek many friendships were being made and by the Farewell Dinner there were over 70 people in the Lounge after Dinner.

I was traveling with my 30 year old Son who is in the Wine Business. With his depth More of knowledge in the Industry he was amazed at what he was seeing and learning at the Wine Estates, and Châteaux’s. Bordeaux offers so much to Wine Lovers and to see the major areas of the region in just one week was outstanding. From touring Chateaux's in Margaux, exploring the beautiful historic town of St Emillon, to enjoying the sweet liquid gold of Sauterns, no wine enthusiast would leave this trip disappointed.

We were in Category 1, Stateroom 302. The cabins are smaller than on ocean ships but adequate and well designed. On a River Cruise you spend very little time in the Cabin so we were fine.

The Dinners in the Dining Room were beyond outstanding with always a choice of Meat, Seafood, or a Vegetarian Dish. The Food Presentation was to perfection with Incredible Deserts to end a 5 Star Dining Experience! There was a Sommelier onboard who every night paired a Red and White Wine for your Dinner Entrée.

I am so grateful to the entire Staff onboard the River Royale that made this such a wonderful cruise and memories to share with my Son.

As people have said on other posts “You get what you pay for” and with Uniworld you are getting the Best. Less

Read more River Royale cruise reviews >>