Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by cabelltini

Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: cabelltini
Cruise Date: April 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
PERFECT family vacation

We just returned from our first family vacation on Norwegian Getaway - it was nothing short of AMAZING! I have cruised with norwegian before but it was boyfriend's and his children's first cruise ever so I was a little nervous about how it would work….in short, the kids (age 14 and 10) were both crying on the last day because they didn't want to leave and wanted to book another cruise ASAP!!

Accommodations

We had a family balcony room. I was worried about it being large enough but it was perfect!! Even when all four of us were in the room getting ready, it was fine. What I thought was really cool is that the couch converted into one bed and another bunk was lowered from the ceiling at turn down service so the the kids had bunk beds! they loved it!!! The balcony also gave us a little more space to spread out…which helped.

I have always thought that the food on Norwegian was great so it was nice to hear that the kids liked it too. Without prompting the kids mentioned how good the food was several times. My boyfriend (42) who can often be a bit snobby was also really impressed commenting on the decor, the service and freshness of the food.

Activities

This was probably my biggest compliment to Norwegian. We had the PERFECT vacation due to Norwegian's commitment to freestyle cruising. We were able to enjoy time as a family. The kids enjoyed time on their own. And my boyfriend and I were able to spend quality time together as a couple. It was just perfect. Everyone got to do what they wanted. Our 14 year old LOVED LOVED LOVED entourage and made a ton of friends on the cruise. Our 10 year old would disappear to the watersides for hours, running back and forth to give us updates on his speed and splash stats! My boyfriend and I would lay out on deck 16 and 17 and in the Vibe Beach club and just relax, not worrying about the kids because we knew they were happy and having a great time. We also made a little tradition that each person was assigned a "night" to do whatever they wanted. They got to plan when and where we would meet for dinner and what entertainment we would go see. Speaking of entertainment, The Illusionarium was amazing. The kids were literally giddy with excitement and didn't stop talking about the show for days!

Crew

Finally, the crew were great. I have never met or sailed with better people. Everyone was so kind, friendly and accommodating….and let's not forget this was spring break week so the ship was PACKED with kids. I cannot say enough about the waiters, barterers and our room attendant. Just awesome.

I really can't say enough positive things about this cruise - especially if you are thinking about cruising as a family!

Publication Date: 04/27/14
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by cabelltini
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews