Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by jdlinda

Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: jdlinda
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Best Holiday Ever!!!

Well what can I say? I have never experienced a holiday like this before. I felt so looked after by the staff and nothing seemed to be too much trouble!

We had an interior room which was a bit dark but otherwise very comfortable and very well attended by the staff. It was cleaned twice a day and each evening we were left a lovely little towel animal!

Leaving Cape Liberty was a bit rocky but if you go sit in the middle of the ship you can handle it a bit better.

The activities on board are great, something for everyone. The gym was great, had all the equipment you could need with an amazing view to boot!

The food was excellent. We always had breakfast and lunch at the windjammer. Always lots of choice and the food was of excellent quality!

We had evening dining in Magellan at the 8.30 seating. The food and service we received here was second to none!! Every night had a different menu with so many fantastic choices. If we were finding it particularly difficult to choose, we were brought all of our options!!! Our waiting staff, Marko and Wan were beyond amazing. They were friendly, funny and so attentative. I've never been to any restaurant where I received service as good as this!

The Islands we visited were:

Bermuda- not overly hot in April, but be careful, it can be decieving. We went to horseshoe bay which was beautiful.

St Marteen: my favourite island by far. So gorgeous! We went to orient bay where we went jet skiing. It was so much fun. Lots of bars and huts for food here and the water was beautiful!

San juan: went to the rainforest which was fantastic, but took most of the day so didn't get to see much of the island. We did have theee best sangria here however!!

Labadee: Beautiful island owned by royal caribbean. really well kept, lovely beaches and lots of fun activities. We did the zipwire here which was fantastic if not a bit timeconsuming considering it only lasts 45 seconds.

All in all, the cruise left me relaxed, happy and maybe a tad fatter but I would definitely recommend it to a friend! I personally would have liked more time at St Marteen and Labadee but you can't have everything!!! Awesome time had by myself and the hubby!!

Publication Date: 04/27/14