Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by peck: Could do better

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises

Could do better

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

I choose the fttp option for this cruise which did give a speedy embarkation. My wife walks with a stick and we were heded into a queue after asking outside the terminal building about boarding the ship, this left us with all our luggage and some differculties for my wife in handling the luggage and walking with a stick, we asked several times during the embarkation process if someone could take ouur baggage and on each occasion the answer was no. The embaration was swift but awkward with the luggage, not a good start for our 1st experience with Carnival.

Dining, the 1st meal we tried was in the Paris buffet and the hot food was lukewarm and I didnot eat any as I did not want to get food poisoing on my 1st day. I spoke to an officer in the restaurant and he replied he would look into it. I never ate hot food in the buffet again.The Elation dining room was nice and the food was much improved and hot. We asked for the wine package in the wine menu which was the 3day package, More which we purchased, after purchasing we were told the red wine selections were not available.We continued with the package but not happy with the now even more limited choice. On the 4th night we picked a wine selection from the menu and then on the 5th night we were handed a different menu which offered a 5 night package and when we queried the fact that we were not offered the 5day package on the 1st night we were effectively given a shrug of the shoulders.

Cabins the cabins are dated but clean and the steward offered good service. We choose the beds together option and this caused limited access to the bed as you could not walk down each side 8f the bed and had to crawl in from the bottom if you needed to get up in the night.

Entertatinment, we enjoyed the entertainment. The adult comedians were very funny and were good, the piano man was good but had differculties attracted an audience. The productions it Normandie Theatre were very entertaining but the views were extremely restrictive in a lot of seats by pillars.

Bar service was good and we thought the pricing was reasonable.

Overall it was essentailly a good cruise but with poor attention to detail and other cruise lines with have sailed with do give the attention to detail and Carnival do need to improve, this was our 1st Carnival cruise and we will not sail Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>