Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by delavallad: Rip Off Regent
Overall Member Rating
Rip Off Regent
Embarkation: Rio de Janeiro
My wife and I are British, fit 70+ and have sailed with several cruise companies, both all inclusive and standard however Regent is at the bottom of our list now.
As we were sailing from Rio de Janeiro to Barcelona we reserved through Regent two extra nights in the city.
The hotel was in the process of refurbishment in preparation for the World cup and was far from luxury in any sense of the word.
1) We flew from England to Rio to pick up the seven seas mariner for the transatlantic cruise. No problem with the cruise other than it was nicknamed "The crypt kickers cruise" because of the predominance of ancient passengers! Consequently after about 10.30pm we thought everyone had jumped overboard!! The night before embarkation in Rio was in with the overall price however because we wanted to see Rio we booked through Regent two extra nights at the Rio Sheraton. They charged £382 per person for the priviledge of staying in a hotel that was in the middle of More refurbishment for the World soccer cup.Below is a list of just some of the problems.
1) There was no bar inside the hotel, only a small makeshift bar in the middle of the dining room.
2) There was no evening dining in the hotel, only two external restaurants which were only average. The barbeque restaurant's meat was tough.
3) The air con in our room constantly dripped condensation. My wife slipped on the wet floor and almost injured herself.
4)We had no hot water for two days. After attention we had barely warm water.
5) The room iron did not work and had to be replaced.
6)The room hairdryer plug did not fit the socket and had to be replaced
7) The refurbishment team were noisy all day.
We booked through Regent two tours for which they charged $219 per person per trip. One consisted of a coach ride through the city via Ipanema and Copacobana beaches and up sugar loaf mountain on one day and "Christ the redeemer" the next. A total rip off!!!! Think hard before you give Regent your hard earned cash. Never again!!!
Considering the ship. It was due for refurbishment itself and judging by the state of the carpets it needed it.
All in all the crew and staff in general were excellent however some of the meals were not top quality.
The evening entertainment was good but there could have been more variety. Less
Read more Seven Seas Mariner cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Mariner Review >>
Cabin review: 775
The cabin and the staff were excellent
Not the Penthouse experience w...
A Thoroughly Enjoyable and Rel...
First Transatlantic Crossing
Fast becoming Regent devotees.
STUCK IN SANTOS, OUR DREAM HON...
Worst Cruise Ever
Lost Confidence in Regent