“Good Last Minute Cruise”
Cruise review of Carnival Fascination

SandyToes2 Carnival Fascination 5 Good Last Minute Cruise
SandyToes2
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My husband and I sailed on a 4 night cruise to Nassau, Freeport and a day at sea. This was our 7th Carnival cruise. We decided to park at the cruise terminal instead of an offsite lot and I was glad we did as I realized after boarding that I had left my camera in the car. I was able to get off and back on the ship with little trouble. Since we booked 2 weeks out, we were given late seating for dinner. Since we wanted Anytime Dining, we spoke to the Maitre d and he changed our seating starting the next night. All the waiters were excellent. The food however was average. Our cabin steward, Max took excellent care of us and was friendly. We had cabin M269 which was an aft ocean view cabin facing the wake. Having only 6 cabins on our hall was wonderful! It was the most quiet cabin we've ever had... until the last night when it felt like the ship was put into overdrive to return to Jacksonville. The noise and vibration were quite substantial. We encountered no lines at the buffet but again the food was average. All the employees would greet us with a smile which was nice after having been on other cruises where they look miserable and won't speak to you. Disembarking was a mess. We did self assist and our deck and another were called first. It took over and hour and a half to make our way out. We literally inched our way down many flights of stairs. What was more disturbing was watching women trying to handle large heavy suitcases down very crowded stairs. One lady completely lost control of her suitcase and it crashed into the people in front of her. If a child had been there they would have been injured. Common sense needs to prevail in a case like this. If you can barely lift your suitcase on even ground, then maybe you should leave it outside your cabin the night before so it can be carried off for you. Ok, I off my soap box now! All in all we enjoyed the cruise and would sail on the Fascination again.

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Bahamas
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Fascination Review
Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?