Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Anna09

Member Name: Anna09
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Freeport
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Disappointed!!!

My husband and I only did a two day cruise because he wasn't to sure about it. He has never flown it been on a cruise before. He is very nerves about about things like that. The Embarkation process was a breeze. The guest services at embarkation were wonderful. When we got our room it was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small but I can understand that. The water in the shower would only stay hot for like 5 mins. The rooms a/c didn't work very good but was manageable. The cleaning services were very rude. We in our room on the first night and with out knocking they just opened up the door. They didn't apologize ever about the incident. So we just left the snoozing sign out side our door and of course they didn't listen to it. They came in anyways and cleaned but didn't even clean good. I had a few clothes on the floor and they were all on the bed even my WET bathing suit! When we asked for new bedding because ours was wet they completely ignored us.

Guest services were rude also. They had a major attitude problem. I don't feel the need to tip the cleaning services because of what happened well guest services was rude about us not tipping. They didn't even apologize for what happened! I simple sorry would of been fine. We didn't eat in the dining room so I didn't feel the need to tip the service when I wasn't using it. They were rude about that to. They gave me the most eat shit look ever!! The food was alright. The buffet on the lido deck didn't have many options. They salad bar was pretty sad. The pizza tasted like cardboard. It was cold and hard. Guys burger joint was great though! Best hamburger I have ever ate. The drinks were alright. The drinks I had I couldn't hardly taste the alcohol and if I'm paying 9.00 a drink I want to be able to taste the liquor . My husband drank Budlight and they were hardly even cold. The bar tenders were not nice. I tried getting advice on which drink would be good and they were no help at all. The Serenity had a bar but it was never opened. It got aggravating having to walk down every time you wanted a drink. The stairs were also very slippery. I fell twice down them. I asked if they could be tried off. I would hate for a child or older adult to slip and fall. All they said was is can see what I can do. I don't think they ever got dried off. I always saw water on them . The water slides were never opened that we saw. My husband really wanted to try that. Every time we asked they would say I'm not sure. Like really? Come on! The demarkation was a night mare . So in organized. It took us 3 hours to get out! Overall we made it a good time. Didn't let the rude service get in the way! Will not be going on another carnival cruise though.

Publication Date: 04/27/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Bahamas Cruise Reviews