Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Wolfshair

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Dream - Repositioning Cruise

We were on the Dream for 9 nights starting 4/5/14. We boarded the ship at Port Canaveral and then ended at New Orleans. My only complaint would actually have to do with the boarding but overall it went smoothly after they finally let us in. We went to Aruba, Jamaica, Caymans, & Cozumel. This was my 12th cruise on Carnival and I tell you that we had a really good time. We were joined by my daughter and her husband. We went to late dining in the main dining room each night and our food was good and our service was excellent. Very friendly staff. Our main waitress' name was Thita and our Maitre'd was Shane. Both were so nice and friendly. I looked forward to the dining each night. We usually had breakfast in the buffet and then ate out on the back deck overlooking the sea. We did go to the Brunch one day and it was very good, just not as relaxed as we prefer when we sit outside. We did the buffet for lunch each sea day and usually hit the deli or the pizza if we got back on the ship late. We did the outdoor bbq one day and it was fine but I preferred the grill for my hamburgers and I liked the burrito bar also. I did the pasta bar one day for lunch and found it pretty good. The mongolian grill was busy everytime I would go by it, but finally on the last day I decided to have lunch there and it was very good also. I had no complaints with their food or service. We went to the comedy club every night that they had it and the comedians were very good. If I had one complaint, it was about the piano bar. I thought he left very much to be desired, but he seemed to have a following of about 15 people evey night. I couldn't take him. The Blackjack Band, and Scott were the musicians I preferred listening to every chance I could. The overall ship was very nice. The casino was ran well, I just wish they would get rid of those constant shuffle machines. I really don't like them. Overall, we had a really good time and I would do the Dream again with no concerns. Oh, the water park area was really nice also. I even got my wife to do a couple of water slides with me.

Publication Date: 04/27/14