Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by bjkeiser

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Had The Best Time!

Let's start with embarkation. Smooth. Got right on. Told we could go to mini-suite right away . It was around 1:00. Went to lunch at buffet. They had already started to bring luggage when we got to room. Met our steward. Great guy named Nestor. Took great care of us all week. Room was always cleaned & set up be fore bedtime. Make sure you ask for those fluffy bathrobes. Loved them. Mini-suite had tons of storage. Loved the big bathtub, but if you have trouble with getting in & out of tub it does have a high wall to step over. Did not really care for the frosted glass wall at toilet room but was traveling with husband only, so no privacy problems. Balcony was nice & large. Room was spacious enough!

Entertainment was great all week. Lots to do on days at sea. Howl at the moon was my favorite of the week!

The circus dining was tip top. Get the premium seating . You will not be disappointed. Really enjoyed the Legend in concert, Blue man Group, The Not So Newlywed Game, Talk with the Captain & Head Crew,, Deal or No Deal. Did Not play Bingo. I was appalled at the price!! Could not make myself spend the money for that. Wish 2nd Comedy show was a little longer .It was nice though Had bought the coupon for play at the Casino of" Pay $10.00 for $20.00 play". We did that and got our gambling fix over in about 2 hours .Had fun doing it! Shops were nice to window shop. Never did buy anything though.

On Ocho Rios we took a bus trip to Gardens, though towns, a pottery, a stop at Almond Tree Restaurant. We really saw the town & area Did some shopping. Bought Bamboo Sheets & had them shipped home. Very cool shop. We were the people who did not go to Dunn River Falls. Had a wonderful time! In Costa Maya went to Mayan Ruins just 1 hour away. Had a great guide. Wish we had been give at least a half hour to shop there . That part was too rushed. The port shopping area was a little pushy & so We only spent $5.00 there.

In last Port took a bus tour again. Went to museum, Shopping ,Tequila tasting & scenic overlook stop. Once again great guide & had a nice time. Definitely shopped here. Was great place to buy T-shirts for taking home to family. Nice jewelry shopping

We thought the restaurants on ship were very nice & all food excellent. I had to eat Gluten -Free & every where was very accommodating to my needs. I tried to go the night before to visit & to talk to the chef of the restaurant I would go to the next night. That way they were prepared for a gluten free meal. The Buffett was easy. I learned to go right away & ask first for gluten free waffles or toast so they would be brought to me when I sat down. The service was excellent In every place. O'Sheehans was the only place I had very little to choose from. There menu was just too limited. We went to The steakhouse as our special dinner. It was our 40th wedding anniversary! We had steaks that melted in our mouth! And I had French Fries made just for me Gluten Free!! I can't say enough about the service there or the food!

We are not big pool people but I did go sit in the sun. I had no problem finding a chair. Kids seemed like they loved those slides The top area was great for families.

We had many Hero's that week, Jose at the Circus dinner, Nestor, our Steward, Victor in the restaurant, Vicki our agent for traveling with Norwegian.

When we left we disembarked as fast as we came on. It was a breeze! We then went on the tour to the Everglades & rode the airboat. It was a fun way to fill the time till going to the airport .

We are looking forward to the Alaska Cruise sometime in the future!

Publication Date: 04/27/14