Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by mrsejs: Main Dining Room disappointment

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Main Dining Room disappointment

Sail Date: April 2014

I am just back from my 5th Carnival cruise. We sailed out of Miami for 7 nights in the Eastern Caribbean. We visited Nassau (same old port), St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

My favorite port was St Thomas where we did the 2 islands snorkeling and beach excursion. We loved our guides aboard the Virgin Breeze and saw some turtles and other fish. In San Juan we did a tour and shopping. Enjoyed our time at the San Christobal fort and our informative guide. We shopped on our own in San Juan and enjoyed a nice walk back to the pier with no issues. We snorkeled on our own in Grand Turk but will take an excursion the next time.

Gary was our CD and he was great. Lots of activities including a chat with some staff about life onboard a cruise ship. You could do as much or as little as you wanted. The evening shows were the same as usual but we saw some comedians we had not seen before.

The MDR staff left a little something to be desired. Water glasses sat empty More through multiple courses and they stood around talking to each other more often than not. Traveling with two teens meant that they usually left before dessert because they wanted to be off doing things. The food was also not as good as usual with most things being too salty and pastries being dry.

Disembarkation was easy as we did self-assist. Customs was slow as usual but nothing out of the ordinary.

Although the dining was sub-par, I still enjoyed my cruise and will sail again with Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Empress 7340

I loved my cabin. It was centrally located and very quiet. I couldn't hear any noise from the elevators nearby or from the crew areas. It was my first balcony and I will definitely look to be in the same area the next time. Lots of space and loved having the sofa to relax on.