Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Jamierud

Member Name: Jamierud
Cruise Date: April 2014
Cabin Number: 7403 & 7407

Wonderful vacation

The last time we cruised was over 10 years ago. 3rd time on carnival, 1st time on liberty. Everything was awesome. We have two boys 17 & 11. We only seen them @ ports and dinner time. They had the time of their lives. They also had their own stateroom right next to ours.

So much to do on this cruise.

The staff was great. Food was good. I recommend the brunch that is served twice during the week. Best meal by far. The pizza was pretty decent and the ice cream was on point. The guy burger joint on the lido deck is really delish. Sure.. anyone will grow tired of eating the same thing everyday but it's still good food. We would eat out for lunches etc while in port. Gave us a chance to try out the local authentic foods. During sea days we would eat guys, deli, burritos, or pizza. No complaints on the food or service. Carnival really has stepped it up a bit. Our room stuart was great. Came in twice a day and always had fresh clean linens and towels. He was very involved in our needs. Knew our names and desires.

Never felt unsafe, or unhappy. The serenity deck was the perfect get away for adults. Looking for some peace and quite, serenity deck is where it's @. Comfortable chairs, nice breeze, and hot tubs. The big screen on lido deck is a nice touch for evening movies. They also serve free popcorn for movie time.

The cruise director Britney was a very high energetic performer. She always was up beat and showed her focal several different times. She seemed to enjoy her job loads. That makes a difference.

The ports were St thomas (did a jet ski & snorkeling excursion), Nassau Bahamas (did a Hilton day pass right off the port included chairs, umbrella, non motorized beach equipment, food, and drinks great deal. San Juan PR (2 hour bus tour along with shopping and food). Grand Turk was my kids favorite and we enjoyed it too. Margaritivlle was fun fun! We relaxed in the beach this day. Lovely waters, lovely views.

I too used cruise critics to decide and I happy I read up. I was a little apprehensive on hearing some views but most of them were positive. Miami port was easy to get in and out of. We parked right in front for 20 a day totaling 140.00 for the week. As my husband said I can be demanding and I have to say this was a great vacation. You make it what you want. Hope this helps.

Publication Date: 04/27/14