Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Jamierud: Wonderful vacation

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful vacation

Sail Date: April 2014

The last time we cruised was over 10 years ago. 3rd time on carnival, 1st time on liberty. Everything was awesome. We have two boys 17 & 11. We only seen them @ ports and dinner time. They had the time of their lives. They also had their own stateroom right next to ours.

So much to do on this cruise.

The staff was great. Food was good. I recommend the brunch that is served twice during the week. Best meal by far. The pizza was pretty decent and the ice cream was on point. The guy burger joint on the lido deck is really delish. Sure.. anyone will grow tired of eating the same thing everyday but it's still good food. We would eat out for lunches etc while in port. Gave us a chance to try out the local authentic foods. During sea days we would eat guys, deli, burritos, or pizza. No complaints on the food or service. Carnival really has stepped it up a bit. Our room stuart was great. Came in twice a day and always had fresh clean linens and towels. He was very More involved in our needs. Knew our names and desires.

Never felt unsafe, or unhappy. The serenity deck was the perfect get away for adults. Looking for some peace and quite, serenity deck is where it's @. Comfortable chairs, nice breeze, and hot tubs. The big screen on lido deck is a nice touch for evening movies. They also serve free popcorn for movie time.

The cruise director Britney was a very high energetic performer. She always was up beat and showed her focal several different times. She seemed to enjoy her job loads. That makes a difference.

The ports were St thomas (did a jet ski & snorkeling excursion), Nassau Bahamas (did a Hilton day pass right off the port included chairs, umbrella, non motorized beach equipment, food, and drinks great deal. San Juan PR (2 hour bus tour along with shopping and food). Grand Turk was my kids favorite and we enjoyed it too. Margaritivlle was fun fun! We relaxed in the beach this day. Lovely waters, lovely views.

I too used cruise critics to decide and I happy I read up. I was a little apprehensive on hearing some views but most of them were positive. Miami port was easy to get in and out of. We parked right in front for 20 a day totaling 140.00 for the week. As my husband said I can be demanding and I have to say this was a great vacation. You make it what you want. Hope this helps. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Empress 7403 & 7407

We were on the empress deck, near the steps and elevators but when it was late, ready for bed we didn't hear a thing. Not sure if that was because we were exhausted from all the fun. I was happy with the bed, and space of the cabin. We put our suitcases under the beds - fits perfectly. Plenty of closets space. The room temp was cool enough for me and I like it cool. Usually 69. You have the option to put it warmer if you like. Like I said - no complaints.