“Chaos in Venice”

Member Since 2014
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I went on a Mediterranean cruise from Venice on the MSC Preziosa in April 2014

From the moment we arrive at the port it was total chaos taking us over 3 hours to check the whole process was totally disorganized with people irritable especially those with young children.

The disorganization continue on board in the main buffet / restaurant which was on the 14th floor.

Dawn to Dusk dining here was a disaster as the main serving areas continued to run out of food causing lengthy ques and more frustration and anger among people. At one time I had to go to 4 different beverages areas for coffee as all the dispensers were empty, at this stage I just gave up.

I purchased an Eurpoean beer package for the cruise only to be told that I was not entilitied to certain beers which were advertised as available before I purchased the package.

MSC allow smoking in the casino, in the lounge area above the casino and on all the port side of the pool deck. In fact they have signs stating " MSC welcomes smokers in this area

When disembarking on the final day of the cruise we had to vacate the cabin at 7.30 and told to wait in the Sports bar the ship arrived in Venice around 9am again here the wait over 2 hourse to disembark. People had concerns due to the possibility of missing the return flight home. When returning home the following day we actually spoke to people who had missed their flights as a result of the delay in disembarking.

My friends who paid their final invoice in cash at the accounts desk and given a receipt stating paid in full when returned home only to find that the same amount was also debited to their credit card. When contacted MSC stated it could take up to 20 days to rectify the error.

This was my 2nd MSC cruise if it had been my 1st it would be my last.

MSC Preziosa Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

10050
Cabin was clean and tidy lacking some towels and no bottle drinking water in the cabin on the first day, problem was sorted after day 1
Published 04/27/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Preziosa Review
MSC Preziosa Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?