Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by aswyers: Meh

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Meh

Sail Date: April 2014

This was my 3rd cruise with Carnival and probably the least liked. My sister went on the cruise with me (it was her 2nd cruise). We booked this trip along with a couple that we met on the Paradise last April. We stayed the night before at the Intercontinental at Doral because I read that they had shuttle service to the Port of Miami. They did not. It ended up costing $35 for a taxi.

I did not find that there were enough activities onboard the Conquest. We went to a few shows which were entertaining for the most part, however, I would think that on a 7-day cruise, there would be a lot more to do. We didn't book any excursions; we did our own thing. Our first stop was Nassau. I was there for the first time in December and found it to be dirty with many unfriendly people. I didn't care to see it again, and couldn't see paying over $100 to go to the Atlantis to "enjoy" their amenities. Instead, my sister and I took advantage of some spa services on the ship that come to find out More are discounted on port days. A word about this: The ladies in spa are all very pleasant and conversational. However....I DO NOT like being strong-armed to buy their products. If I say "No thank you" that's exactly what I mean. It doesn't mean that you should give me a different price that is still exorbitant and seem upset when I still say "no".

Our next stop was St. Thomas. We took a taxi to Magen's Beach. We kept being told by people on the island that this is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. I wish we would have gone to another beach on the island since it seemed like the whole ship decided to head here as well.

Puerto Rico was our next stop and by far our favorite. It's one of the few islands that I have visited that isn't dirty and run-down once you leave the resort area. We tried to book the rainforest tour on the ship but found that it was sold out. We ended up getting a tour right off the ship that took us to old San Juan and the rain forest.....GORGEOUS is all I can say...all for $20 cheaper pp than Carnival was selling tickets for. Our tour bus driver was very knowledgeable, having lived there all his life and had a good sense of humor.

Our last stop was Grand Turk. We didn't do much but lay on the beach here, but it was beautiful.

All in all the places we visited were very nice. Our room on the ship was nice (we got upgraded to a suite several days before the cruise)....just not nearly enough to do on the ship.

My final thought: Is it just me, or are the ship staff very disgruntled by the end of the cruise and can't wait to get rid of you? We were herded off the ship like cattle only to stand in line for 50 minutes to get off the ship. Any vacation I can take is always a vacation, but I do believe that for my next cruise, I'm going to try another cruise line. Conquest left me just meh. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>