Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Mary Bishop

Carnival Victory
Member Name: Mary Bishop
Cruise Date: March 2014
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Very Disappointing Cruise

This was the worst cruise I have ever been on. I will never sail on Carnival again. Starting with making the reservations. The travel agent with Carnvial was very pushy. I was told no one would beat their price. After making my reservation with her, I found that cheap cruises was giving $50. onboard credits for the same price. Since I booked 3 rooms that would have been $150. I asked Carnival to match it, and they refused. Part of the reason I had booked this ship was because they had a waterslide, and my grandson had enjoyed the waterslide on a Royal Carribean ship so much last summer. The first day on the ship I took him to the waterslide. He was about 1/2 inch shorter than the height requirement. The attendant wouldnt let him slide. I offered to go down the slide with him, but again the attendant refused. This was after waiting in line for about 30 minutes. The height requirement sign is only at the top where the attendant is standing. I was frustrated so I went to customer service. They said they would have someone contact me, but no one ever did. They did inform me of the kiddie pool which was about a 6 ft round pool with about 6 inches of water in it. A little too babyish for a 4 year old boy. It was a joke. So basically not a good cruise for his age group. The music on the main deck was obnoxiously loud, and it wasnt even good music. Carnival tries to get you to buy their expensive drinks to the point of where it is very irritating. They even pushed us to buy shots every evening at dinner in the main dining room! The entertainment was the pits! Dancers every night except one, when they had a comedian who wasnt even funny. I guess to try to liven up the boring dancers, they had them wear g-strings one night. They were still boring. The lines at breakfast were ridiculously long. The lines getting off the ship in Jamica took over 2 hours. Dont go to the public beach in Grand Caymen unless you want to pay $30 to rent a chair. They wouldnt even let us lay our towels in the sand. Not a fun vacation. After getting off the ship, I called Carnival to ask about their Fun Guarantee, that kept popping up on my computer screen. They said in order to be eligible for that, you have to request to get off the ship within 24 hours. Had I known how the cruise was going to go... I defintly would have asked to get off that ship. From here on out, If I decide to take another cruise, I will gladly pay a little extra for Royal Carribean. Much nicer ships, better service, defintly better play area for little ones, and larger rooms, and a much better time than Carnival.

Publication Date: 04/27/14