Azura Cruise Review by mitsupeg: Worst cruise

Worst cruise

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

18 months ago my wife and I cruised with P & O on the Azura we had a wonderful time at a great price because of that cruise we cruised again this April to the Canaries. I have know idea what has happened the cruise was pretty dismal!

No silver service in the restaurant, constantly running out of tea and coffee in the buffet given inane excuses from senior restaurant staff as to why.

Mediocre acts in the theatre and the acts now have to earn their money by having to do four sets over two days.

The ship has a sea screen on the upper outside decks, great on warm balmy nights in the Caribbean, pretty dire crossing Biscay at 10 degrees and raining with nowhere else to watch the movie. More excuses from the cruise director!

No free drinks on sail-away parties any more, WHY?

The food has gone downhill.

The prices have in effect gone up as there are no great savings to be had as the "getaway" prices have now gone.

I understand More that a company has to make a profit but the changes that have been made to this ship appear to be penny pinching in the name of economising.

My advise would be to use another cruise line and maybe the company will get the message!!!! Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azura Review >>

Cabin review: Azura R307

Cabin ok cabin staff excellent