Carnival Victory Cruise Review by shadowsjc: Great first time cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great first time cruise

Sail Date: April 2014

My first cruise was with a group of friends on Carnival's Victory ship. We were a group of guys in our 20's who were looking for a nice beach vacation and a cruise that had activities geared towards us. In many ways, the Victory delivered. The boat had a festive atmosphere and lots to do (nightclub, casino, piano bar, comedy nights).

However, one key thing that I wish the boat would have had was an adults only pool. The Victory does have an adults only section that has 2 hot tubs. Unfortunately, there was no bigger pool, and the 2 tubs were often packed. I think my next trip will be on a boat that has a larger pool for adults (tons of little kids on my boat this time around).

Another downside was the nightclub - it emptied out way too early. I'm guessing people liked to sleep early or else were traveling with families.

Other than that, I had a great time on the Victory. The waterslide was cool, and the dinners were great. Would certainly recommend to my More friends Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Beautiful clear blue water but the beach was VERY rocky (not just small pebbles, but large rocks that made it difficult / impossible to go in without proper footwear). Bring flip flops or better yet water shoes.

Aside from that, there was not too much to see in the shops. There was a town a couple of miles away that required a taxi or bus to get to. We did not go there. However, Margaritaville was a lot of fun - a DJ was playing modern dance hits (hip hop, dance, etc.), and there was a very young spring-break crowd there.

Beautiful beach - definitely one of the nicest I've been to. They had lunch available for free, but I didn't eat on the island (ate back on the boat instead). We did the stingray excursion and it was great - swam and fed stingrays and only paid about $30.

One tip - when it's time to get back on the boat, you have to line up and wait for small ferries to take you from the island to the cruise ship. Do not wait on this long line. Instead hang out by the bar and wait for the line to die down.

Nice blue water but we did not go on the beach. Not much to see around town. We did go to the free rum distillery tour (John Waitling Distillery) which was about a 15 min walk from the port. Senor Frogs was somewhat lively. All in all, worth it for a couple of hours. Maybe consider booking an excursion here to eat up some more time.

Read 2609 Nassau Reviews