Carnival Legend Cruise Review by amymcadoo

Carnival Legend
Member Name: amymcadoo
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Lying about time at ports - last time we ever cruise Carnival

Carnival has started to mess with the times at port. They are no longer changing the "ship time" to the local port time. For example, we were supposed to be in Belize from 8:00am - 4:00pm, however the actual time we were there was 6:00am - 2:00pm local time. Nothing in Belize was open that early, including the tender boats! We didn't get to the port until 9:30am ship time (7:30am Belize time) and it messed up everyone's tour times. This happened at every single port we went to... 1-2 hour time differences. It was confusing, and made for a stressful day trying to race back to the ship on time. We had to skip lunch 3 days in a row because of this.

I had never heard of this on any other cruise, but some of the tour companies I booked through warned me of this. So a week before we left I called Carnival to ask about this time issue. The woman I spoke to assured me that ship time was always the same as island/port time. I asked her to clarify that with a supervisor, and the supervisor told me the same thing. So after being lied to, I then had to spend money on the ship to get online and email tour companies every night. This change is ridiculous, and we will never cruise with Carnival again.

The only positive things I will say about this ship is the uber-attentive wait staff (specifically Gusti and Rai) and the singers/dancers of the nightly shows. It was nice to see some diversity in the talent, and they put on a really great Rock show. However, that's where the talent ended. The illusionist was a joke. We were more impressed with the close-up magic from our dinner table magician. The comedians were ok at best, and the daytime entertainment was cliche/annoying.

Oh and here's one last tip for Carnival... don't put the kids club or track above the spa!!! Really relaxing to listen to kids running above you non-stop during a massage. What a waste of money that was.

Publication Date: 04/27/14