Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by lakecity21

Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: level 2
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
If your o.k. with staying at a Best Western and eating at Golden Corra

With Carnival you definitely get what you pay for. In the future I will pay more to have a better experience. The bed was hard and as I was laying in bed I could smell the moldy bathroom in my cabin. Different parts of the ship smelled moldy.

Golden Corral has better buffets. The buffets just consist of cheap food that they can just throw together. Guy's Burgers were decent but, nothing to get excited about. There is a 24 hour pizza place. I didn't want to eat the nasty stuff from the breakfast buffet so I asked them to make me a pizza. It was 6 o clock in the morning. The guy working at the restaurant told me that they had just done a cleaning of the restaurant and to come back in a little while to order a pizza. It was a nice way of saying they didn't want to make me a pizza. Room Service is 24 hours however, it typically takes at least a half hour to get through to them on the phone. All they serve through room service is deli sandwiches, some salads and desserts. They don't mention this on the menu but, not everything is available 24 hours. For breakfast they only offer a continental breakfast.

The ship was crowded with mostly families. The pool was always packed along with the hot tubs. I wanted to get drunk on the cruise but, the drinks were terrible. They use filtered sea water and cheap alcohol to make the drinks. There was a beer station were for $4 you had several seconds to fill about a 10 ounce glass. They charge by the ounce so if you don't fill it up then you don't pay the full $4. However, mostly foam just poured out.

The hair salon felt like a salon inside of a Walmart. The stylist wasn't personable and didn't talk much. When I get my hair done I don't like the process to be rushed. I pay go to a salon where I am given individual attention and where I am the only client the stylist is working on. I pay more for this service but, I want competent work and to feel valued.The stylist acted like they just wanted to hurry and be done with the procedure.

I work in hospitality and I am very understanding. I hate to complain because I know how difficult it is to deal with the public. However, I work at a 5 star resort with high standards. None of the employees seemed happy to be working there and they barely smiled. They also seemed tired.I didn't encounter any employees who I would hire or would want to work with.

If class and individual attention is what your looking forward than Carnival Cruise Line isn't for you. If you just want cheap Best Western type accommodations and eating at Golden Corral is fine with you than Carnival will be just fine for you.

Publication Date: 04/26/14
Read the Bahamas ports review by lakecity21
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Bahamas Cruise Reviews