Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by mwatkins

Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Spring Break with two 18 year old girls.

I researched this trip for months. I have been on several cruises and I wasn't expecting this to be some luxury cruise. This was my daughter and her friend's first cruise experience. They wanted to celebrate their Senior year and have a good time. I can say after returning that most of these bad reviews must be written by cruise snobs. It was exactly what I was expecting.

We are from South Carolina so we drove to St. Augustine on Sat. and spent the night. We love St. Augustine and the girls had a ball. We woke up Sunday and drove the rest of the way to West Palm. We took our time so we did not make it there till 4. Getting on the ship during that time of the day was a breeze! It took us less than 20 minutes. We went straight to our room and put our luggage away. We explored the boat a little and took some pictures. We had a late reservation for the Crystal so we decided to take a nap. This is a small boat compared to other lines. The one thing I HATED was feeling the ship rock. We were sick by the time we got to dinner. We literally had to leave dinner, go get medicine and come back. The wait staff was very nice and they brought us green apples. Not sure what is in the apples that help sea sickness but combined with the medicine, it worked. The food was just average, but I didn't expect it to be grand. After dinner we enjoyed the show at the View. The girls wanted to stay and dance. I went back to the room and read.

We had the package with the 2 night stay at the resort. So basically, the cruise part was just our ride. We got through customs quickly. We did have to stand in line for the bus for a bit. I didn't care for that. The bus ride was 20 minutes long to the Wyndham. Now I read mixed reviews on this resort. I wasn't sure what to expect. We checked our bags because our room wouldn't be ready until 3:00. We did have to wait in a large line to check in and get our wrist bands, but that was normal because the bus just dropped off 100 people. I expected that. We had our suits on under our clothes and a beach bag. We headed to the bar and they have frozen drink machines. The bartender will add rum if you want them to. So we got our rum drinks and went out on the beach. Absolutely beautiful!! Water was amazing, chairs were clean and had cushions. Lots of shade or sun. Bar on the beach had anything you wanted to drink. Hamburgers, hotdogs and fries whenever you wanted it. The pool was huge and they were constantly playing games around the pool. We actually won a game of BINGO. The prize was a bottle of rum. LOL! They have a trapeze by the pool. Dylan, the Trapeze Artist gives lessons to the kids from 12-2 and the adults from 3-5. He is very nice.

The dining room opened at 12:30 for lunch and the buffet was good. It wasn't from a Michelin Chef, but it was filling and served its purpose. Dinner was the same. They have an Italian and Oriental Restaurant that you make reservations for. We never saw those, so I can not say how the food was. The buffet was fine with us for all meals. We went for the beautiful beach, fruity drinks and water sports. We met so many different people from all over.

The shows are done by the resort staff. Some people might find the shows silly. I thought they did a great job putting on the shows. The staff comes together after the shows and have dancing contests with the guests. They mingle with everyone. The bartenders we AMAZING! They free pour the drinks to your satisfaction. They will make any shot you request. They are lively, fun and sing all night! I'm convinced the STAFF of this resort made our stay more enjoyable than I could have ever imagined. I hated to leave. We enjoyed our trip so much that we are taking another trip in June with the entire family.

Sorry this was so long, but summing it all up, the good things outweighed the bad. The bad was the ship rocking. The staff of the cruise line and the Wyndham were amazing. The cost of this trip was $402 a person plus parking $64 and the bus fee of $17. Oh and the gas to get down there $325. Couldn't ask for a better trip for the price.

Publication Date: 04/25/14