Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by RevScott: Had a terrific time!

RevScott
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean Cruises

Had a terrific time!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We had a fabulous time on this ship and itinerary. The ship was great. The main dining room, theater, lounges were all very clean and welcoming. We had a lower inside room and were surprised at how well we liked it. It was plenty roomy for a 7 night cruise with lots of drawer space. The bathroom was even a little (a little) bigger than expected. The cruise staff were all very polite and helpful. If anything, the ship is not laid out as intuitively as other ships. I saw several people many days into the cruise still trying to figure their way around. Also there is no promenade or expansively open area on the ship. This made my wife feel like the ship was not as large as it actually was. (Both positively and negatively)

The itinerary, Southern Caribbean, was excellent. I would happily go again as there were places we didn't get to see that we wanted and places we would love to visit again. I highly recommend Crane Beach in Barbados and the Eco Kayak tour in Antigua. More

The absolute best thing about this trip was the food. We didn't go to any of the specialty restaurants as we felt the food in the main dining area was already exceptional (and already paid for). Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 2067

The room was plenty roomy enough and the price was definitely right for our budget!

Kayaking

We took the Eco Kayak trip. The kayak was not to extraneous as my wife feared. We learned a little bit about the islands eco-environment. We then when to little Bird Island which was beautiful. We opted to do a bit more hiking and photography and then lay out at the beach instead of snorkeling. Those who did snorkel said they had a good time as well. The beach on the far side of the island is small and rocky but very nice.

We almost deviated from our plan when so many were opting for a beach near the port. However, it was worth the longer drive and more money for the cab ride to go to Crane Beach. Beautiful! The waves were a bit large being on the Atlantic side of the island, but the scenery was spectacular.

Read 701 Barbados Reviews

Really neat place with lots to do. However it might be worth taking an excursion by water to see this island as the roads were very curvy.

We did the regatta race. It was fun and intense (though not quite as much as I thought). I had heard really amazing things about this excursion and probably built it up too much in my mind. It was good, just not as much as I had hoped.
The main area near the port was really nice to shop and stroll around. We had heard the beach was polluted but it didn't appear it from the bay or walking around the shore area. The shops were nice and had good prices (especially for photography).

We took a cab to Magen's Bay beach. Highly recommend. A long beach with calm waters it was great for swimming, relaxing or any kind of water activity that paddle boarding or snorkeling. They had decent facilities and the nearby shady trees offered a nice respite. It was also nice that since St. Thomas is a VI we had cell service!

Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews