Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by ChrisKate: A reason to Celebrate!!
Member Since 2014
A reason to Celebrate!!
Myself and my partner have just returned back from what can only be described as a fantastic trip on the good ship Celebration doing the Canarian Flavours cruise taking in places such as Gran Canaria, La Palma, Funchal, Fuerteventura, La Gomera and Tenerife. We have to admit that we were slightly concerned about the reviews that we had read prior to departing on our cruise. We have to say that we did not experience any of these issues and would like to respond to a few.
1. The drinks package - purchase prior to departure as it is much much cheaper to do this and well worth the money
2. Quality of the food - we mostly ate in the Meridian Restaurant where the food was fantastic, plenty of choice (even for one with a dairy intolerance). Afternoon tea in the Lido restaurant was fab too! There is great food available all day every day so you won't starve!! The waiters cannot do enough for you.
3. Bars - the Horizon bar on deck 9 at the front is the most laid back More bar with great views of the sunset and dolphins! The duo 2Intense were fantastic and made the ambience and kept us entertained - where they get their energy from I don't know
4. The shows in the Broadway lounge - fantastic and well worth seeing
5. Room - we upgraded to a deluxe room and this was well worth it - our room was huge and was constantly kept tidy by our lovely room steward Muchlis - yes the story of go out and you come back with your room tidy is true!
6. You are on a cruise ship and you will feel some vibration but it is no where near as bad as some of the reviews - for a first time cruiser I soon adapted to it. The ship was very stable at sea and you never felt unbalanced.
7. The only slight niggle that we have is that we had to pay an additional £15 to keep our cabin until 1pm otherwise we would had to leave by 8am. On the basis that our flight didn't leave until 8.35pm it would have been an even longer day. At least the option was there to remain in our cabin but it should be included as part of the package especially with those with late Thomson flights!
Most holidays are what you make of them and there will always be those that are not happy with anything!
Thank you to all those crew on board the Thomson Celebration - we loved it! Less
Read more Thomson Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Celebration Review >>
Cabin review: Thomson Celebration 65
Pleasantly surprised by the amount of space and storage in our deluxe cabin. The view from the large window was great and not obstructed by any of the lifeboats. Great that tea and coffee facilities were provided along with toiletries and a hairdryer. Our cabin had a bath which we used as well as a shower. The cleanliness of the cabin was first class and was ably kept so by our cabin steward, Muchlis.
Port and Shore Excursions
Having spent a week in Funchal last year it is one of our favourite destinations and this time it did not disappoint. If you don't want to do an organised excursion take the cable car about 25 mins walk from the port up to the Tropical Gardens in Monte. The combined ticket was 23 euros each but worth every penny. The toboggan ride is fun - but ideally you need to do this as part of an organised trip so there is transport at the bottom (otherwise it is a long walk or an expensive taxi ride back down - it doesn't go all the way back down). The city itself is beautiful with some amazing colourful trees, plants and flowers. The emperors gardens are free and can be found near the centre of Funchal - great view of your cruise ship! The fruit and fish market is also very interesting (usually on when the cruise ships are docked).
Thomson Celebration Malaga to ...
No cause for Celebration!
Ruined 25th wedding celebratio...