Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by G-girl O: A Little Disappointed

A Little Disappointed

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

We cruised with Celebrity for the first time and were looking forward to the itinerary. We planned months in advance, and were surprised to receive, a few days before departure, a notice which indicated that we needed a visa. This should have been a foreboding of what was to come. After a panicked call to our travel agent, we found out that, indeed, it had been a mistake by someone at Celebrity, and an incorrect mass email had been inadvertently sent. We were then told that our boarding time would be later because the ship had to be cleaned because of the virus on the cruise before ours. Of course, we didn't mind this, because it would just make us safer.

However, after a few days on the ship, we were surprised that cleanliness did not seem to be the main priority. We do not believe our cabin was vacuumed the entire time we were on the ship. We were told that the linen was changed only every three days (perhaps, that is what happens these days, but we were unaware). We rarely More saw our stateroom attendant. Then, of course, there was a problem with the toilets in our cabin (and others), supposedly, because someone had flushed something down the system which caused so many of the cabins to be stuck with toilets which did not flush for a day (actually, it happened twice). It caused a smell in various parts of the ship.

There was so little to do considering the days we had a sea. Unless someone wanted to sit around the pool or read in the room, there were very few enrichment activities. The only one I participated in was the Buddhism 101 activity.

The person in charge of the excursions (Vickie), and our dining room waiters (Wayan, and his assistant) were the only two persons I remember as being attentive. The excursions were fine, although on one of them, we could barely understand what the tour guide was saying. I did like the fact that there was transportation to the far away cities although it was called something else. I certainly didn't want to risk using a private company and be stuck far away and miss the ship.

The disembarkation in Hong Kong was fine, especially since we were in the first group. It was easy to get a taxi from the port to our hotel in Kowloon, and the personnel at the port were very helpful and organized.

The ports were fine, but I think the Millennium probably needs to be overhauled. I felt as if I were on a "third world" ship. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>