Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by DiDume: Civil War Cruise April 5-12,2014

DiDume
Member Since 2014

Civil War Cruise April 5-12,2014

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: USA
Embarkation: New Orleans

" Small cruising done perfectly " truly describes the experience. The staff are well trained, polite and very accommodating. Food and drinks were outstanding. Entertainment and "Toots" enhanced the overall experience. That is why we hope to go again and again.

[Our stateroom was] Spacious, elegant, plenty of drawer/closet space. We did have a severe leak on the floor. We told someone when we arrived but I guess it was a very hectic time and no one came to check for a couple of days. I think one of the stewards reported it again. By that time the rug was saturated and some clothes got soaked. However, once discovered the crew worked to discover the source of the leak. It did take a couple of trys but was resolved. The crew did a good job in tracking down the problem. The room was
musty but did dry out in time for the next cruise.

The coordination of events and organization of the cruise demonstrates a well thought out plan that takes training, experience, and More skill. There was one steward who went "above and beyond" for me. His name is Salvadore S/. I will be writing a letter on my experience under separate cover as he deserves special recognition. Briefly, I have severe back pain and he watched over me the whole trip with compassion, humor, and efficiency.

The dining room was a little noisy compared to the rest of the large rooms. Having several small areas/lounges allows opportunity for small group experience and personal time

Overall a great excursion done in a quality way ! Thank you. Less

Read more Queen of the Mississippi cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen of the Mississippi Review >>

Cabin review: Queen of the Mississippi 305

Spacious, elegant, plenty of drawer/closet space. We did have a severe leak on the floor. We told someone when we arrived but I guess it was a very hectic time and no one came to check for a couple of days. I think one of the stewards reported it again. By that time the rug was saturated and some clothes got soaked. However, once discovered the crew worked to discover the source of the leak. It did take a couple of trys but was resolved. The crew did a good job in tracking down the problem. The room was musty but did dry out in time for the next cruise.