MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by jockkaraoke: Total Chaos

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I went on a Mediterranean cruise from Venice on the MSC Preziosa in April 2014

From the moment we arrive at the port it was total chaos taking us over 3 hours to check the whole process was totally disorganized with people irritable especially those with young children.

The disorganization continue on board in the main buffet / restaurant which was on the 14th floor.

Dawn to Dusk dining here was a disaster as the main serving areas continued to run out of food causing lengthy ques and more frustration and anger among people. At one time I had to go to 4 different beverages areas for coffee as all the dispensers were empty, at this stage I just gave up.

MSC allow smoking in the casino, in the lounge area above the casino and on all the port side of the pool deck. In fact they have signs stating " MSC welcomes smokers in this area ". Although smoking in the cabin and balcony is not permitted, the fact that they have placed an ashtray in every cabin More toilet onboard means that they turn a blind eye to this. The also sell cartons of cigarettes on deck at cut price, therefore you can smoke all day although you cannot take any drink on board or buy any at duty free for cabin consumption.

When disembarking on the final day of the cruise I paid my final invoice in cash at the accounts desk and was given a receipt stating paid in full only to find out when I arrived back home the same amount was also debited to my credit card. When contacted MSC stated it could take up to 20 days to rectify the error.

This was my 2nd MSC cruise if it had been my 1st it would be my last. Less

Read more MSC Preziosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Preziosa Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Preziosa 10050

Cabin was clean but upon arrival we had no foot towel in the bathroom or drinking water available in the room these were provided on day 2.