Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by tblasz

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by tblasz
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: tblasz
Cruise Date: April 2014
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Loved It!

My husband and I went our second cruise ever. We went on a Disney cruise with the kids 10 years ago so this was completely different as it was just the two of us and not Disney. The check in at port went pretty quickly. There was a line but it kept moving and there were tons of workers to help answer questions. Once on the boat we got a little frazzled as there is so much to see and find. Once we got our balcony stateroom on the 6th deck in room 6031 we got organized and became more used to where everything is on the ship. The room was great. Nothing overly fancy but clean, comfortable and well appointed. The balcony was awesome and we used it constantly during our trip. We got to meet our room staff right away - they stopped by to make sure everything was good. I couldn't find the hairdryer but we called and they helped us locate it. There isn't a ton of drawer space if you like to use drawers but there is shelving in the closet and I felt there was quite a bit of closet space. There is hardly any plugs in the room. I think there were two, which made charging challenging and getting ready in the morning at the same time and both plugs were only by the desk. No plugs in the bathroom. We had lunch and breakfast most days in the Oceanview Cafe which is the buffet style area on the 10th deck. Breakfast stayed pretty consistent and was a normal breakfast. The lunches changed in some areas. There is a poolside grill for burgers and hot dogs on the 10th deck and we had burgers and fries one day from there and they were soooo good. We had the second seating in San Marco the dining room on the 4th deck. We ate with two other couples that were fun to talk to. Our table servers were excellent, especially our Assistant Waiter Elina from Latvia. She was phenomenal. We absolutely loved her and everyone around us loved her. She made this cruise incredibly personalized and we looked forward to dinner each day just to see her. The food there was good. They have a menu with one side that stays the same with a listing of favorites (shrimp cocktail, french onion soup - which was really good, new york strip steak). The other side changed everyday and you picked from that. The portions were perfect. I was worried about overeating but everything was well sized so that there would hardly be left overs and I didn't feel like you had to roll me out the door. We went to three nights of entertainment and thought that was great. We played a little in the casino - it was small but still fun. The only thing that made us nuts was the drink package. We had the classic package which included all water, pop, and any drinks/wine under $8 a glass. Well it's hard to say what some of those things cost so you didn't know until you ordered whether you would be covered or not and get that card out every time for each of us to get a bottle of water was annoying. We did go to the Martini Bar and tried the flight of 5 different martinis and got full ones another night. We used the Gelato bar. There is a happy hour from 4:00-5:00 where you buy one get one free and that is not included as part of food. It was very good. Our ports of call were Key West, which we loved. We did an excursion with the Key Lime Bike Tour that I would highly recommend. We then went to Cozumel and did the Mayan Ruins, beach and island tour excursion that we found interesting and informational. We did go shopping afterwards and got caught in a huge downpour. Taxi service was good. I'm not sure I really loved Cozumel and the Mexico experience. I was happy to get back to the boat. We both loved this cruise, found the size to be just right - the Constellation is not a monster city boat and the staff and crew are fabulous. The captain was everywhere everyday. Very impressed and I would cruise with them again.

Publication Date: 04/23/14